The Journey (Artstation CHallenge)

This render was created for “The Journey” Artstation Challenge. Created using Blender & rendered in Cycles, post processing in Photoshop. It took me about 60h from start to finish.

Shading was done using and modifing many of the “CMV” shaders. The trees where generated using “TheGrove” addon for Blender. The grass was created using “The Grass Essentials”. For lighting I used a HDRI sky from HDRI Haven.

A traveller and his dog are waking up early in the morning to start another day on a long journey. My idea was to put a self made robot vehicle (Lada + trailer + robot legs) into a nature scene with a sunrise/foggy mood.

More images here!

Here you can see the production progress!

Have fun!
~Zacharias

Attachments

1 Like

Awesome job Zacharias! Good luck with the challenge

I love it! nice job) what kind of car? looks like a Russian Niva) and you have written that it is Lada)

Excellent work, five stars from me.

Great job. I really like it.

Nice work! The model is very well done. The sky color splits the image in two strongly, though.

I really love the vehicle but not really the final render there is too much going on i didnt even realize it had legs till after 10 seconds of looking at it. You need to have some sort of focus on the car, as to make the main feature

this was my favorite render

epic work man! your modeling on this is so over the top! Hardsurface like a boss! :smiley:

Good job!!

This is looking fantastic. Well done!

This looks great. Really atmospheric and a lot of interesting details.

Looking too real ! I love this render !

Very novel, like a Beverly Hillbillies truck from the future. It looks really good.

Congrats Zacharias! Looks awesome…

Lada-Vaz (former AvtoVAZ, 25% Renault since 2010) is the manufacturer, Niva is the model.

Great image Zacharias, I knew you gonna make it with the competition. Congrats and 5 stars!

man this is really cool, you made a really hard work to make this design it,s so detailed and supper high rez i like it so mush

Awesome concept!

Looks good man. how many tris