blenderartists.org creates a game ?

Hi Blender Game Devs,
would you be interested in creating a game by submitting modular assets and voting on assets others have made ?

The style, genre, look, mood, feel, time period, length… will all be voted on and the winning pick will decide on the path this project will take. Everyone will be able to submit assets and then the vote will start to decide will the asset be added to the game.

So what do you think, good community project or the worst idea ever?

Voting No.1:
Project Codename: http://goo.gl/forms/mld27v99rV - Suggestions

Looks like there is only 3-4 people interested in this kind of a project right now so its not really a community project.
I will try with the same idea later during the summer when people have more time.

+1 from me. Let it happen;)

Monster tried this but everyone quit.I hope this has better luck.

Monster tried this a few times and I had fun every time, so as long as its fun its worth it to me.

I would like to join.

Well, you are registered to blenderartists.org and have posted in this thread so you already joined :slight_smile:
There is a poll in the first post that you can use to participate in the first decision being made.

would you be interested in creating a game by submitting modular assets and voting on assets others have made ?Yes i would.

So what do you think, good community project or the worst idea ever?I love these types of projects.

I have been working to drag and drop actors, props / weapons,

I did a 10 part series last night, in 2-3 hours, Do you want the rig?

@BluePrintRandom
You can post a blend file here and I will setup a vote for the asset. The community will decide do they want it in the game.
Since we don’t know the genre or the style yet I think there is no point in submitting your assets since they are not even made for this game.

Have you thought of anything?

In the first post there is a poll where you can suggest a Project Codename, the poll will close tomorrow and then we will vote on suggested codenames to pick one. Then the voting for the genre starts.

Project Codename=ScifiHorror

So far it seems interesting. Basicly we’re building a democratic game - at beggining we give ideas. Than we vote for ideas. And the idea with highest community support gets accepted. Than we start doing ways for it’s realisation. Again - the highest rated method wins.
Must be really fun:D

Sounds fun! I’ll join too

Seems interesting… I’ll join too

actually, if you watch the thread, the system is totally generic at the moment,

And it’s documented how I made it, because I recorded it.

How does that have any connection with this thread, what the hell are you talking about and what is your goal.
I don’t come here often anymore, but every time I do you have to come spam your project in every thread.
Is this how this forum works now ? It used to be a great place.

No, the system is setup, so you can have a serialized interaction with props and game actors,

basically, we could all collaberate easier is the idea, like drag and drop assets.
I am not spamming, this is what I had in mind when I designed the encapsulation systems.

this way, you have a common trigger and reset for props like weapons, or keys or anything the player holds, to be able to trigger it,

I can add a inventory if need be as well

we can have vehicles, or actor swap, or even mini games be targetable with actor swap, which pipes commands to a targeted object, so they decide how to act on it locally.

if we use this system to trigger logic or python (I can provide templates)
then all assets can be used in 1 big game without ever recoding anything.

also, the weapon/ props don’t care who triggers them*

so enemy units can use the weapons as well*

I can also set it up, so if the property ‘list’ is true, send a list of keypresses,
and if it’s false, toggle Boolean values and set a string, so logic users can also get a shot at making retargeted actors.

@BPR
It counts as spam. Your system is not that bad, but it looks like a mess to me, too much game object properties all around, and too much if statements. (Also the fact that you’re still using the internal text editor is surprising).

That being said: Try BGECore Framework! <-- This is spam.

About the project, yes it looks interesting, but most of these are dead by the third week. For this kind of collaborative projects is necessary a leader (which is the one that usually does most of the work and also organizes the group).

P.S. And is also the main spammer, not letting even BPR overthrow him!

The properties make it so you can duplicate a weapon, change the properties and add a new weapon in a few moments with new behaviors.

there are still more properties missing, like holding animation prefix which is then used to play animations like ‘pistol’ prefix is used to look up ‘pistol_aim’ animation and ‘pistol_fire’ and ‘pistol_reload’ , making it very easy to add new animations*.

the properties are so anyone can add a new gun etc, or tweak a existing one, or even make in game weapon mods that modify the weapon properties while attached, and reset the when removed…

But basically your project can have any of it if you wish,

Trying to help*