Harley Davidson XR1200x

At last! I’ve finished my big project - this Harley Davidson XR1200x.

Here is the Sketchfab model.
And a couple of demo videos (the model is fully rigged): the early version and the final version.
Also you can find more renders at my ArtStation profile.

Attachments

Ahh… what the heck! Here are the additional renders:

Attachments

The additional renders are visually much better compared to the first ones where the kind of random studio setup was not selling well the model.
The model seems very close to the real one, took a lot of work i guess :wink: and the rig too looks impressive, well done.

Thank you, mik1190.

Really liking your closeup renders, great seeing all the nice details in this model.

Thank you, harleynut97.

Wow, great detail. Love the materials as well. Impressive work. Did you have a Color management curve turned on for this?

Thank you, David.
No, I didn’t touch any Color management settings, but I did use slightly tinted lights on some renders (namely the first two of them).

Oh, well the lights in blender are not limited (theyre far brighter than they seem) to suit your display so they will not show highlights correctly. When starting blender you should turn on color management before deleting the default cube.

Do you mean this colour management (in the Scene settings)?

Attachments

Yes. You need to set Render: View to film or RRT. The image will get darker in every window but the highlight handling will be far more natural. You will even notice detail in highlights of a render result when you slide the exposure value.

check out this stack exchange page which has the nitty gritty on it. http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/46825/render-with-a-wider-dynamic-range-in-cycles-to-produce-photorealistic-looking-im/46940#46940

Thank you! I’ll check this out.

Hello again, my dear friends!
I’ve made this little “promo” video to try some compositing techniques (and just for fun).

Aww I was kind hoping to see the rig in action :wink:

I wanted at first to make a little video showing the rig features in action. I even found nice music for soundtrack and started blocking out the animation. But then I got lazy :slight_smile: and I was really tired of that motorcycle, so I never finished that animation.

I have another big idea in my mind now, and I’ll start to bring it to life soon.

Attachments

Hello, hello! It’s me again!
Who wants to get his/her/its own Harley Davidson? I can give you one! For free! Just CLICK HERE and enjoy!
Or buy it here and I will enjoy! :wink:

GREAT model!

What is the last utility icon in the video (after GIMP) btw? (PM me the answer please)

JayM

Thank you!
The last software is Inkscape - a vector graphics editor, I used it to create decals on the fuel tank, the scale on tachometer, etc.

Hello again! Almost year later I’m baaack!
You want some more Harley Davidson animation? I’ve got some for ya. My Eevee experiments:

1 Like

Very nice work. The video at the end is composed nicely.