Most desired plugin for Blender

Hello guys,

I am professional programmer willing to get my hands dirty in Blender plugin development. That is why I would like to ask you: what is the most desired/required functionality which is missing in Blender and probably present in other 3d software? Any clues, hints?

A thing like Cinema 4D’s Mograph module should be a great addition to Blender’s animation tools.
There were some solutions for Blender but they seem clunky or over-complicated…

edge and face/surface constraints for poly modelling. such a basic, helpful addition and longtime standard in 3ds max and now maya that is currently only barely covered with the slide tools.

Thanks for replies guys! I will take a look at all of them :slight_smile:

You probably should drop in to irc freenode #blendercoders & ask there, they have entry level to do’s & would be glad to see you.

I vote for quick Motion Graph addons

i Vote for "Corona Render "

That’s what this world needs: more renderers…

there is something like a miracle if your are very good in advance math

take over the old GSOC project on New nurbs tool and complete it
but it is a tough cookie!

happy bl
and good luck

Another vote for Corona render!

A “simple” frame-blending node. Can be used to smooth out differences, remove flickering.

Hi glucoz. Fweeb’s Blender suggestion-box site rightclickselect.com may also be useful to you.

Guys,

thank you for all suggestions! One more question: what about tile-based distributed rendering? As far as I know this feature is not finished yet so there is still much to do :slight_smile:

Bad choice - seems it’s already done: http://www.blendernation.com/2015/09/07/distributed-single-frame-render-for-blender-cycles/

+1 for Corona Renderer
Per i7 4core CPU you have faster and cleaner Results as with Cycles with two 1080 GPUs

lol @ renderer suggestions.

My few suggestions:
Finish OpenSubdiv
Finish FBX
Finish DespGraph
Finish anything animation related XD I’d love for realtime editable curves in the viewport, but alas. DespGraph needs to be fixed first I have read.

To me it would be:

Call Audacity (or other OS DAW) directly from audio strip, then auto-reimport result. (a bit like Blender can call GIMP for images, but calling Audacity for Audio).

Ideal workflow would be something like:
-Cut Video/Audio in Blender
-Right click on audio strip and select “Edit in Audacity”
-Blender automaticly exports the audio strip in the project directory “audio” subfolder, then pushes it to Audacity
-Once you are finished in Audacity, export over the previous audio file, wich would automaticly update inside the blender VSE timeline

+1 vote for corona plugin exporter

Just a note:
Corona exporter is back on tracks, help in anyway capable for works to continue…