Portrait.

Hi all!
Here is my first attempt at doing a portrait of a black person… It’s been an interesting experience. I hope you like it!

EDIT:
For anyone who is interested, here is a link to a “Making of” that I wrote for the CG site treddi.com (I believe it can be viewed in English and Italian) https://www.treddi.com/en/cms/making…portrait/3044/ This is a fairly brief overview, but it does show some detailed screenshots particularly of my Skin shader setup, hair setup, and lighting.

-G

Attachments

Very nice work. The image gives some mixed messages about his age, but overall it’s good stuff.

Wow… just wow.

WoW! this is a very quality work, congrats!

I love the tension between portrait and caricature, because of some of the parts a bit exagerated. It gives a deeper expression to the model. The inclination of the head gives humanity to the character, breaking the symmetry… But I find the wrinkle over the right eyebrow a bit strange, can be?

Anyway, a superb work. Congratulations!

daaaammm girl that is good

Impressive. Everything in the image is amazing. Congratulations!

wow that was amazing
every thing looks so real
can you but the nodes for the skin texture and the cloth

Great work rico!

Nice work Guss !

Very impressive!

It is very good. I especially like the work on textures. Very well done. My gripes would be that the eyes are somewhat uncanny and the skin doesn’t appear soft and organic. Otherwise, a very good portrait. Awesome job.

yeah pretty good work! Rico, but that wrinkle on the left eyebrow doesnt look appropriate…(correct me if i m wrong) :smiley:

Thank you all so much! I appreciate the awesome feedback and critiques!

@ nawaf-blender: I’ve attached a screenshot of my node-setup for the skin… unfortunately it’s a large node tree so the resolution sucks, but I’ve added some color-coded blocks and descriptions to help a bit. I’ll be making some detailed tutorials on this probably, which you’ll be able to view on my youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yjJJcNzIrBDqNqRk_UCyA Stay tuned!

The cloth is done in much the same way as the skin, but with different SSS and fresnel settings. (yeah, the cloth has SSS) :slight_smile:

Attachments

Really a nice job :slight_smile: Five stars!!! :RocknRoll:

5 St*****ar! Great one

thank you ^^

Thank you all for the kind feedback! (sorry for the late reply :wink: )

5* that is all I can say :smiley:

Thank you @SreckoMicic :smiley: