Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1D_Scripts, Bargool_1D_tools [main thread]

There is main thread about 1D_Scripts and Bargool_1D_tools, a sets of concepts of tools for Blender 3D by my design.
    We glad to present manual about 1D_Scripts toolset in pdf format.

Permanent links
    1D_Scripts - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf4lbn5l87bmdzb/1D_Scripts.py
    Bargool_1D_tools - https://github.com/bargool/Bargool_1D_tools/releases (master)

Manuals
    1D_Scripts manual (eng+rus pdf) - download link
    Bargool_1D_tools manual - unavailable but planned
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brief history

Hello, my name is Paul Kotelevets also known as 1D_Inc (one-day Inc), I'm from Usinsk (Russia).
    Basically I'm building engineer and an architect, and I use Blender every day.
    You may know me as

= Blender Baroque/Classic/Organic modeller and timelapser.
    = Platinum Blenderfund donator.
    = AutoCAD LISP programmer. Author of Autocad <-> Blender Obj Exporter.
    = Concept designer of different Blender tools, such as F2 (built-in), Gstretch from Looptools, Grid fill manager (implemented as grid fill GUI), etc.

I started using Blender in 2011, after I left 3dsmax behind (after 8 years of using it) - when Blender decimated model, that was crashing Zbrush.
    Then I've got an idea of addon called F2 to speed up Blender's organic modeling and retopology, and came with it to Bartius Crouch - many thanks to him for writing this addon!
    After F2 and Gstretch addons in 2013, I realised, that there are too much ideas and concepts of tools I would like to see in Blender, and use them at my work daily.
    To this time we already had F2 addon, that was pretty much enough for baroque modeling, so I started turbosquid sales to gather funds to support such development.

Also I was told, that I was main supporter of Blender's parametric nodal engine - Sverchok project by Nikitron (Nikita Gorodetsky), so, as far as I don't know python programming at all, I reached an agreement with one of Sverchok developers - Cfyzzz (Alexander Nedovisin) about developing my own toolset with my financial support.

So, after two years of development and testing that brought us 1D_Scripts toolset.
    Then we hired python developer Bargool (Alexey Nakoryakov) at my main job, and I decided to take him to distribute development load. Paradoxically, he don't know Blender as user till now, but, as far as he is a good python programer, he was able to write another toolset by my demand and support, called Bargool_1D_tools.

Both of this toolsets are planned to be released for free, we hope you will find them useful.

Videos about 1D_scripts tools

Sideshift

3DMatch

Polycross

Some features demo

I guess, there will be some questions about stock trading (such as Turbosquid).
    As for me, I spend 100% my turbosquid to different opensource development suport.
    Blender, GIMP, Inkscape, 1D_Scripts, Bargool_1D_tools, Sverchok, IFC openshell, Lee Mac Programming, pyroevil's molecular, Fracture modifier, etc.
    Well, here is what I learned after 3 years of trading.

0) The main law of sales. Model will be bought only in one case - if it is needed immediately. And then price is not matter.

1) Model trading is more trading, than models. It's a game of chances. Sales starts from 50 models in account.
    2) A customer purchases an impression, so products previews should arouse a desire to lick the monitor.
    3) There will be no sales first half of year. It's okay. That means, that tags you provided with your models covers too few searching space, so models from your account is hard to find.
    4) Tags Tags Tags. With/without mistakes. So much as it is possible. As practice shows, peoples can't find even free models witout tag "free".
    5) Dumping doesnot works. There almost no sales of cheap models in my account.
    6) The most popular format is max. Provide OBJ and FBX necessarily anyway - other software users don't know that blend can be converted to this formats inside of Blender.
    Blend format is now gathering pace - when I started there were no ability even to set Blend file format as main in Turbosquid. Fixed a year ago.
    7) SquidGuild is a promise to post your model only on Turbosquid in exchange for higher royalty percentage. I'm not a member of it to have ability to post my models on Blendermarket and Blendswap, so I have maximum 40% royalty from sales (without taxes).
    8) Be careful with licensing - set "Editorial Uses Only" if your model depicts design of famous brand.
    9) There is a lot of furniture around intrernet. So, modeling furniture especially for stocks is pretty risky decision. Golden mine is "what everybody needs, but still was not modelled".
    10) Day of delayed model's posting - a day of lost potential customers.

@1D_Inc
    Thanks for those excellent tools I will try it soon

Thank you so much!!!!!!
    In the end, only blender will surrender
    i7 4770 - 2x GTX 780 ti- 32GB

Thank you so much? I was waiting for them since you posted the first videos. Great also that you did a good documentation. And thanks a lot for donating to so much good project that benefit everyone

This is a really big addon and have a lot of options. Thanks.

After looking at the code, some functions use poll that checks for active objects

Code:
        def poll(cls, context):
            return context.active_object is not None
    The problem is if the object is a non editable one it will throw up an error. For instance using BarcOperator (Create B-Arc) while a camera is selected/active.

Attached Images Attached Images

Well, there is a set of concepts of tools, with core functionality - final tools, for sure, should have much more protection to be final.
    So there is a lot of such stuff can be found, I guess)
    Usually I submit more deadly bugs to developers, because development goes under mine financial support, and I submit stuff only if I have enough funds for it.
    (I just don't like to make my devs work for free)

But thank you for mentionig this, I will submit this input type check for next release)

@1D_Inc
    No Problem Just wanted to help.

Great set of tools, but was hard to find. Came here form a bunch of other links. Can you add precision modeling in the title?

Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    Great set of tools, but was hard to find. Came here form a bunch of other links. Can you add precision modeling in the title?
    Well, it seems I can't find the way to do this)

Thanks Paul, Can you possibly reference your LISP work, as well? Much appreciation.

Hi 1D_Inc , thanks for sharing your addon.

It's possible with Polycross (functions) to Cutting Plans and Sections a simalar like Sketchup?
    "Cutting Plans and Sections - Google Sketchup Video Tutorial Complete"

How to install Bargool_1D_tools-master ?

Great news. Glad to hear.

Added Dist vertices section.
    It allows to select vertices with given distance between them (for example, to define which vertices will be collapsed with Remove Doubles function), or perform volumetric selection (useful for pointclouds, leafes etc.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast