Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Originally Posted by Therahedwig View Post
    And on the heels of the stable, a development update: https://krita.org/en/item/4-0-development-update/

We've been doing a lot.
    Amazing work, that is inspiring

And on the heels of the stable, a development update: https://krita.org/en/item/4-0-development-update/

We've been doing a lot.
    I like the work on the multithreading even though Krita's brush performance isn't too bad on my laptop.

We've been doing a lot.
    There doesn't seem to have an update for the Krita 4 beta appimage. (No big deal. I'm in no rush to try all the latest additions.)

Do you guys all use Windows as your main OS? If you're using Linux, which distro are you using?

I'm more than contented with Affinity Designer and Photo.

i love Krita thanks so much i was going to wait to check..

Originally Posted by blendDoodler View Post
    There doesn't seem to have an update for the Krita 4 beta appimage. (No big deal. I'm in no rush to try all the latest additions.)

Do you guys all use Windows as your main OS? If you're using Linux, which distro are you using?
    Krita is a KDE project, so most of us use Linux, which Linux varies broadly, there's Debian, Arch-likes, *buntu and OpenSuse users amongst the devs. If it seems we focus on Windows it is because we have the majority of our users on windows, and our users being primarily artists, they are often not capable of explaining what is wrong in sensible terms, so we constantly get influxes of bugreports that are caused by windows drivers, windows updates, or the user trying to make a 32bit float animation on their 4gb laptop.

I am not sure what you mean about the appimage, but here's all the files for 4.0 pre-alpha 2.

Zut... Did I upload the wrong build? It wouldn't be the first stupid mistake I made when working on releases in the past couple of weeks. We really need platform maintainers, I just cannot do all builds all by myself anymore. Two windows builds, resulting in 6 packages. OSX build. Linux AppImage.

For development, I use OpenSUSE on my desktop, NEON on my laptop. When painting, I use Windows 10 on my Mobile Studio Pro.

Originally Posted by boudewijnrempt View Post
    Zut... Did I upload the wrong build? It wouldn't be the first stupid mistake I made when working on releases in the past couple of weeks. We really need platform maintainers, I just cannot do all builds all by myself anymore. Two windows builds, resulting in 6 packages. OSX build. Linux AppImage..
    Okay, I checked, and the appimage really is the correct one, it's got the (broken) touch docker. Somehow the build script failed to correctly name the file, and I didn't notice that.

Krita is a KDE project, so most of us use Linux, which Linux varies broadly, there's Debian, Arch-likes, *buntu and OpenSuse users amongst the devs.
    Are Kubuntu developers the same people behind the KDE project?

Are Kubuntu developers the same people behind the KDE project?
    There used to be, but now there isn't? I don't know the exact history behind it, but there's now two Plasma using *buntus, one which is Kubuntu, based off the latest Ubuntu and Plasma desktop at the time, and the other is KDE neon, which is basically Ubuntu LTS with up to date QT/KFrameworks/Plasma. You will need to ask someone a bit more of a Linux historian on the whys and hows. Plasma desktop is a KDE project though, if that is what you are asking.

It looks really good...! I'd say you have to start with the color smudge engine.

Originally Posted by raziel_henzo View Post
    How to simulate this brusher in Krita?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlSB...re=youtu.be&a=
    Try OIls_Bristle in the default pack of 3.2/3.3 and play with the smudge length and color rate curves (smudge length to adjust the strength, color rate to control when it goes from smudgy to colory) till it suits your tastes.

4.0 Beta is released!

Now, with masked brushes, colorize brush and text tool(and more). Of course, due to how long it takes to build several important fixes already got into master since tagging.

Hiiu, Nõmme, Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia, EU
    Either OP needs to update thread title or 4.0 deserves it's own thread.
    FunLinks: . . . . . . .

Originally Posted by Felix_Kütt View Post
    Either OP needs to update thread title or 4.0 deserves it's own thread.
    I am the OP, and I usually don't start new threads until the final release of the next version.

That brush preview thingy is cool, nice work ! I'd love to give feedback on everything but the truth is my use of Krita is limited to the same set of simple tools, so I really see only a portion of your work.

Hmmm, trying out portable version removed from the installed version (stable 3.3.2) all but one of the brushes from the tag "faves" I had created to keep them all at hand's reach.

I've finished another demigod !! > https://imgur.com/a/clmmk? For once it has the name of an actual deity : Ymir.
    Last edited by Hadriscus; 18-Jan-18 at 06:44.

Well, if you're using tags, that means you can give feedback to the next build:

4.0 Beta 2 is out!

This time with many fixes and new brush presets! (And a survey inside so we can track how you feel about the new set)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213