Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Ok, there 'bliblubli' clarified some things in the report
    Be patient, English is not my language.

Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
    Ok, there 'bliblubli' clarified some things in the report
    I thought we again had a problem with OpenCL. We loose so much dev time because of ppl not reading docs or on screen text. The guy included kernel compile time. He just had to read the text when rendering... And after bliblibli said him there is no Branched path tracing in 2.78, he continues to believe 2.78c is faster (surely it uses normal Path tracing automatically and is thus faster).
    300 bugs to fix and such guys ask, but don't even read what people answer to their question. If you read such report, just close them to help dev concentrate on usefull things.
    Specs: 2x RX480, i7 6700, 16GB of DDR4

Originally Posted by matali View Post
    I thought we again had a problem with OpenCL. We loose so much dev time because of ppl not reading docs or on screen text. The guy included kernel compile time. He just had to read the text when rendering... And after bliblibli said him there is no Branched path tracing in 2.78, he continues to believe 2.78c is faster (surely it uses normal Path tracing automatically and is thus faster).
    300 bugs to fix and such guys ask, but don't even read what people answer to their question. If you read such report, just close them to help dev concentrate on usefull things.
    Well, they are just users. Explain things as easy as possible to understand.
    For me here is not only a problem of the user. If BPT had not been implemented in 2.78c for OpenCL, then do not let the user select BPT with OpenCL !!! (Not selectable off option, error message, something ...)

Edit:
    I correct myself. In 2.78c with OpenCL apparently the option is off. But still no warning messages when you open a scene that has BPT.
    Last edited by YAFU; 26-Jun-17 at 09:32.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
    Well, they are just users. Explain things as easy as possible to understand.
    For me here is not only a problem of the user. If BPT had not been implemented in 2.78c for OpenCL, then do not let the user select BPT with OpenCL !!! (Not selectable off option, error message, something ...)

Edit:
    I correct myself. In 2.78c with OpenCL apparently the option is off. But still no warning messages when you open a scene that has BPT.
    Of course explaining is important, but then the person should also 1) read the answer 2) try to research also a bit by themselves

Does anyone know if this is an unsolvable situation in OpenCL? Or just something that still has not been implemented?thanks

Originally Posted by Froggy Jack View Post
    Does anyone know if this is an unsolvable situation in OpenCL? Or just something that still has not been implemented?thanks
    What do you mean with 'this'?

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031