Outer Space Sky Test

This is just a quick test I was working on in Blender. I wanted to see how close I could come to creating a stylish space style sky, and this is what I came up with. Please give me some honest feedback so that I can improve this project.

Attachments

Well, the stars are there and they look well distributed, the pattern looks very natural. The nebulae kind of fog on the other hand, me I dislike that a little bit. Too evenly distributed and I’m missing contrast. The nebulas or however you call that, would look better if it hat some sort of a pattern to it, with really dense areas, but also areas that lack any color… I miss dark black areas. In the end space should give the impression of a cold an infinite void :wink:

Question: I suppose this is a purely procedural setup. Can this be used as a replacement for the sky environment with 360° projection? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I still struggle with all those possibilities that come with node setups

Thanks for the tips, I will work on it as soon as possible.:slight_smile:

This is not a procedural setup, a lot of this was done in the compositor so I do not believe that this can be used as a replacement for the sky environment with 360° projection.

This is my latest update. I hope you like it!

Attachments

I think it looks really great! Definitely way better than the previous version :slight_smile:

Thanks! Do you have any other suggestions for improvements?

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I made a tutorial on how to create this effect in Blender.

If you are new to my channel, please like and subscribe.