Donald Duck

Hi guys! I created a Donald Duck model a few days ago and posted it into Google+.
The model had particle hair but then I got a comment to change it to polygon hair.
I did so and got far more plusses and comments that I had gotten from the original image.
I was surprised how much one little change can affect how people think of an image.
(I got +12 from original and +132 from the one with polygon hair)
So I learned a very important thing “Do not use particle hair for a Donald Duck model EVER” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Criticism and ideas welcome.

Cheers - Erk Blender

Attachments

Maybe the problem was that you mixed a “plastic” head with hair, I don’t know, I’d like to try myself with hair particles. I’ms sure it can work if you do it right. May I see your hair particle version ?? Otherwise this model is okay, clean etc. but something lacks in the final image. It must be the lighting or just the contrast. It’s nothing and maybe it’s just me. I’m trying to look for how to improve this image but I can’t really. You just lit it with hdri ?? try to add some artificial ones as a photographer would do with flash lamps in exterior.

i love that yellow bleed. also nice modelling!

Great work!! As said above I think a version with hair could be done…maybe bit of a pose/or expression would bring him to life…and the sailor’s shirt and cap please:):slight_smile:

Love him, the cap and the shirt will do him justice as Jim mentioned.

Shaun

Yes. Cap and shirt please. The blue and yellow combination will really add to the image.

I made him a cap and shirt as you guys asked.
And a body! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Hope you like him.

The hands may seem off, I suck at hands and feet (and ears)
but it should be OK.
If you have anything else you want him to have (like his car etc.) please tell me, and I’ll see if I can do it.

Cheers -
Erk Blender

Attachments