Creaturebox Robot!

Hey guys! I finished my Robot sculpt based on one of Creaturebox’s awesome concepts! Sorry the WIP thread was non eventful, I got freelance suddenly and was unavailable to do personal projects for a while @_@ Special thanks to Nick Govacko and his awesome model libraries, really helped finish this piece out with some nuts and bolts and ‪greebly things to get that next level of detailed polish at the end. Let me know what you guys think! C&C always appreciated. The drawing is the original concept, check out their work, they’re super awesome!

Attachments

Bro this is amazing i just started out modeling so my models seem too "bad compared to everyone this site. quick question how do you make your textures look so glossy and nice like that. I have tried to look it up but i have to no avail. anyways great job on that robot and maybe one day I can model at that level

Top notch modeling! I feel like some of the detail gets lost in the hips and leading shoulder, and could possibly use an additional light from the left. Perhaps I’m just being nitpicky. Otherwise, I’d say your work was incredibly successful. Well done!

That looks great, and I am quite like the lighting, looks very natural. Thanks for sharing.

I love the concept and I think you’ve captured it very nicely. Well done.

Thanks everyone for the support!

No textures here, just good old Cycles nodes! I think you’re referring to the vertical sheen on the head and stuff though? That’s done with an Ansiotropic node.

Thank you Derek! I’ll probably light it a bit better and texture it which might help distinguish parts better. I’ll look into all of it before I kick it out the door in a demoreel, good ideas.

awesome work! You should create an artstation and share it with me!

frikkin amazing work! this makes me depressed it’s that good! 0_o

Thanks so much for the front row BlenderArtists! After admiring so many works here from the past nearly 10 years I’ve been around the forums I’m honored to be included among them!

Just added it to my signature! https://www.artstation.com/artist/3dfix

Thank you so much! Don’t get depressed though! D :

Excellent work!
Impressive skills^^

Wow!! Really awesome.

I would try to copy more acurately the arms’s pose from the concept, however I like your legs’ pose best. And maybe try to reduce some of the noise in the shadowed parts.

Wow, great design and awesome execution!

Thanks again everyone, I took some of the criticism of lighting and materials I got from around the web to heart and redid the main render. I hope you like it!

You’ve realy nailed the concept and made a very nice shading with it.
Perfect interpretation.

Should be very nice to rig it and make some secoundary articulations

Awesome creatureBot! Everyone has to make at least 1! Awesome work. Those beauty shots are just beautiful.

Really great work! I love those guys at Creaturebox and you did them justice with this model. I’ve purchased a couple of their online books and they are worth every penny!

The many years that don’t work with CG.
Today I work with systems.However, his modeling made me come here to congratulate you.
It’s impeccable.

Love the lighting on the clay renders alone, let alone the fully textured work!

nice result,s man and i like the cartoony model style ist,s awesome

I still have much to learn about lighting and materials. Very nice model.