MYST game Project

remember the 19’s myst game from W95?
everyone made myst based point and click games. on gamejolt
so I have an idea… can you guys help me ideas on how the world, what puzzle, what region look like in a game??

What is your role? Programming and writing? I am down to help with modeling and texturing but I don’t want to get into storyboards, programming, etc.

I’m a programmer… and writing is something I am good at… yes, you can help mod and text…
I am making a gear shifting crystal puzzle world.

/uploads/default/original/4X/f/4/8/f48630760c0be79d3b6240e33c4547b24da75073.pngstc=1this is a good start! those gears are the important puzzle I was thinking.

Attachments

yes you can model and texture. I just need a mod of the starter island.

You are probably going to need to provide concept art and storyboard (at least the puzzles for anyone familiar with the original, which I loved by the way, on Amiga for me back in the day) to get anyone interested. Especially if you are going to handle the programming.

EDIT: By which I mean, you’ll need a rounded idea rather than a “Make it up as you go” idea.

I am not good world design, I just want enyone to give me the clue.
or do things for me.

A start may be to go back to the original Myst, re-make rather than re-build. From there, you can get a feel for what works and what doesn’t.

And I don’t think a graphically superior re-make of Myst would be a bad thing. Forget the whole 3D environment, go back to drop dead gorgeous stills that made the original what it was.

how can I do it?
I mean, is there any resources?

You can probably find the original game somewhere. Each scene and puzzle will require several renders from different angles, but you don;t have to worry about animation as such. The original was like an interactive book rather than anything else.

Visually, I thought it was stunning, and the lack of traditional gameplay just made it more appealing.

This is from the first part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-8CFun3nEw. Any animation is cut scene type stuff. The game itself was more interacting with stills, focusing on the visuals and drawing the player in to a tale, rather than the later versions which were full on 3D games.

I miss it now. One of my favourite games of all time.

those are concepts of the worlds

i am back, its been days or months…
and i made a concept of myst island project.
it needs something. i wish i know how to design island maps.
i need to know what it needs. its a beta of the dry biome islands. you know, about stone, sand, dry-dirt, something.

As I said, for this project you really need to be designing and storyboarding before you start building. If you can pull it off, it would be awesome.

can you help me how to do it? or is there someone else can?

I’d love to, but I’m not much of a gamer or designer these days. I remember Myst from the original time around, and the way everything worked together, the puzzles were logical rather than abstract, and the story has to be there, hence the suggestion for planning and storyboarding. Then you start building to tell and explore that story.

like this?
(the mines)
-turn on power source for the light
-find the way to turn it on
-find giant crystals on diffrent locations and rotate them into the right place
-activate the crystal antanna to power the gate
-go into small cave where portal was
-enter