Hair- Linking Vertex Group to Unlisted Properties (ex. roundness)/ preventing overlap

Hello everyone,

I am making hair for a female character. Although Blender’s hair system works well for stills- I wanted to make hair that works well for repeated dynamic uses.

I have three questions:

1. Do you know any good ways to prevent overlapping of hairs, (especially when there is curl or wave applied)? The hair strands (both with interpolated and with simple children) overlap.
  2. There are a limited number of vertex group categories listed. Is it possible to link vertex groups to other properties that are not listed, such as “roundness”? Or if interpolated hair can use the “roundness” property, even though it is only listed for simple children.

1. Is it possible to use vertex groups properties along the points on the hair curve itself, rather than just on the emitter mesh? For example, you can set each point’s weight, but I was wondering if it is also possible to set “roundness” for certain areas (using weight, like in the image below).

Thank You

Attachments

sorry- I wasn’t sure if asking more than one question in a post is allowed and I know all three questions are challenigng. tried to edit it down to one, but I got an error message.