A Sweet Little Dream (Animation)

Hey everybody! The animation is finally rendered!! It’s called “A Sweet Little Dream”, it’s very short but I hope you like it. Friendly Shade contributed with textures and materials in this shot. It was mainly a test for one of the new roofing textures. I hope you like it! :slight_smile:

Friendly Shade Texture/Materials Website : https://www.friendlyshade.com/
Friendly Shade Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/friendlyshade/
Friendly Shade Twitter : https://twitter.com/friendly_shade/

IK Rigging Test :

A Sweet Little Dream - Roof Turntable :

Final Renders :

Attachments

Attachments

Fantastic.

A lot of the time when i see animations in blender, the still frame looks great, but if i click play, everything falls apart.
Here everything fits, especially the butterfly animation is fantastic, it has just the right weight and impact on the environment.
I know from experience that unusual motion like this is hard to do right so cheers for that.

Congratulations Sebastian! Amazing animation and one of the most beautiful images in this site for me, so far. I agree totally with AdamTM.
This is a must. I love the roof, the lighting, the bokeh effect, the colors and shades of the butterfly and flowers. It is so delicate and inspirational.
Congrats again!

Thank you very much AdamTM for your positive and helpful feedback, much appreciated!!

great job… beautiful DOF, particles, etc. you paid attention to details.

I think it is enough if you say you made it instead of having in each credit line your name :wink:

Very nice texturing job!

amazing!!:wink:

Fantastic! Great job mate. The little animation is wonderful :slight_smile: I like the sound effects too.

I really love this one!
congrats!

You should bend the wings according to air resistance
see this

Hey Vitaliy! hehe I know, actually a saw a lot of references before making this, but I thought the butterfly was enough fast and i was enough lazy to not doing so much detailing hehe bu it’s a great idea, I wish I could spend more time on it.

Cheers!
Seb.

Thank you Andrew, maybe it’s a bit loud and not 100% matching the wind we see in the scene but it was my first time making sound fx so I’m very noob haha!. Your flower from the grass essentials is great too btw, it made the work huge faster! :slight_smile:

Thank you man, I’m a big fan of your work!!!

Hahahahahaha thought the same, looks so silly :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you!!

Thanks man!!

Thank you Thiago, your feedback is much appreciated by me!! :slight_smile:

Thank you Mr.Chuan, I really appreciate your positive feedback, I’m glad you notice all these features, also great words to describe it!

Cheers mate!

Absolutely everything is exceptional, except… ;-D …for the wings, they are really a little bit too stiff/rigid/firm. If they would bend just a tad with the movement, it would be close to perfection…

Hi guys, this is the roofing texture I used from Friendly Shade for “A Sweet Little Dream”. Here you can see the details easier. Happy blending!