Another noob, another car!

Hi all! This is my first project in blender and in 3d modeling in general, and I’ve been working on it for months now. It is a Bugatti four door super saloon, based on drawings I had made some years ago. I wanted to share it here so I can read your opinions and hopefully suggestions too!
The modeling is not completely finished yet, and I have only begun exploring shading and lighting, so I still have a long way to go!
I hope you like it.

Attachments

A few more pics!

Attachments

For having only been working with 3d for a few months, it’s very nice. Wireframe please

It’s been quiet a few months actually! I started watching tutorials in December. I don’t know how to do a wireframe, but I’ll look into it. Thanks for your comment!

Just tab into edit mode, and take a screenshot of the wireframe

The car is made of several separate objects, I joined them to take the screenshots. The winshield/roof/hood and the side panel are more subdivided so the cuts didn’t cause problems with the reflections. I plan to do the same with the other surfaces I need to cut, but I haven’t given up on them yet!:o

Edit: the cuts are relatively new and aren’t in the previous renders.

Attachments

Here are two preview renders I made today, with a few improvements and exploring colours. I was going for the bugatti blue, I guess it needs to be a bit darker.

Attachments

I updated the first picture.
Some minor improvements, and new wheels! :smiley:

Nice start.
Keep in mind, that it has to be able to turn and somehow people have to be able to get in.

Thanks!
I haven’t made the cuts for the doors yet because I want to finish the surfaces first, the part that continues to give me most head aches!:o
Do you think that the wheel arches are too small?

Yep, I thing it would worth to rotate them to max and check how they interfere with the current mesh.

Also some additional light will be necessary (indicator light). (EDITED)

That is a good idea, I will try it and post the results!
I didn’t get what you meant about the light :confused:

Probably my bad; indicator/turn lights.

It took a while but I was finally able to do some more. I have checked the wheels/arches and it is able to turn, however moving the whole wheel caused my computer to crash so I haven’t been able to do a render. But anyway, I will post the last renders I have made exploring different aspects, learning continues!

A few renders in Bugatti Blue with different retro rims

Attachments

One more of that series

Attachments

Another version in a whiteish colour

Attachments

And an orange version