Creating the character library for ManuelbastioniLAB

I’m coding, modelling, sculpting and painting to create the next release of ManuelbastioniLAB.
I think that some rendering tests realized during this development are nice enough to deserve an artistic thread since I feel they are a bit off-topic in the python-addon technical discussion.

Update the thumbnail (22 January 2017):

Il lavoro che fai é impressionante ed utilissimo, ho provato l’add on per un progetto ed é una delle cose migliori che abbia mai visto su Blender, spero di vedere presto altri aggiornamenti, buon lavoro!

ive been on your website and what you have created so far is more than promissing. but the skin on these pictures is a little too rough.

Very cool plugin. The interface is clear and the options for modifying the model satisfying.

I have no doubt that this will be a must-have addon. Your work on this is absolutely amazing.

Will those materials be included in the release ? If not, whom should I kill to obtain the eyes material ? >:D

Have you also tried Blender’s native renderer ?

Thank you :slight_smile: I’m working hard on 1.3

I agree. I’m still working on it. It’s not easy because the shader is designed to work with any character and for the most common types of shots (from distant camera to closeup).

Thank you!

I will include all in the next release. The shader is designed to work with cycles only.

Thanks for the plugin, Manuel.

Attachments

An update for the skin shader:

Just checked the website… Awesome!

the skin is so much better now!

More skin improvements. Textures for male character 90% completed.

The improvement is more noticeable here:

Thanks for the great plugin!

Your rendering and material work is really awesome!

I remember when Make Human was still a blender addon, It is really nice to see something like this back in blender again. I hope to make some clothes and donate to the community when I learn more about the plugin…

Thanks again. It is really great!

Thx.
Concerning clothes, first I have to complete the proxy system, that’s still in “experimental” status.

Btw, yesterday I released the new version: 1.3.0: http://www.manuelbastioni.com/release_note_130.php

Any way to import characters made in 1.2?

Using 1.2, export them as json.
Then, using 1.3, import them as json.

Edit:
Sorry, seem you open this thread not for technical things.
I will ask in the other thread.

Work in progress for ManuelbastioniLAB 1.4.0: prototype for anime in “modern shojo” style.

The anime “realistic style” female prototype.