BGMC 21 | "Prisoner 341"

As you can see, from the title, the name of the game is going to be:“Prisoner 341”. The idea is a labyrinth-and puzzle game. You are prisoner 341 and you have to escape an underground prison complex, that’s the basic idea. I’m not sure yet, if it is going to be a 2D sidescroller, a first person perspective kinda game, or a third person perspective game; maybe even all three of these things, but I doubt that I’m gonna do that. If you took the time to read this, why not let me know what you think about that?

Your game sounds interesting, if I were you, I’d go with a 2d side scroller, because making your game 3d will take much more time, but if it’s 2d, you’ll be able to fit more content in and spend more time on optimization + polish. Plus, there lots of great tutorials on making pixel art if you’re going for a retro look. Whatever style you choose, good luck! :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply! I will make it a 2D sidescroller, but with the twist, that you can bring up an eye view to look around in the room; this allowes for more complex puzzles.
I would post concept art, but somehow the upload of the images keeps failing.

I would recommend uploading to a site like Imgur and then adding the image through a URL (don’t check the retrieve box).
This means everyone can see it (even logged out members) and also there is no hassle trying to get it working with BA

thats a cool idea with the eyes and all. good luck!

what’s the URL for “BGMC21”

The thread is here if thats what you meant:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?401878-Blender-Game-Making-Contest-21-Announcement!

I’m rethinking the concept a bit. it is going to be 3D and first person view. at this point I think I can build a more interesting game that way.