Watermelon

So I’m sitting here eating a juicy and delicious watermelon, one of my favorite foods, and it occurred to me that watermelon flavored candy tastes nothing like watermelon. Anyone else notice this?

So… Yeah, what’s up with that?

they needed a name for neurotoxin #4462

Heh, yes well on that note cola flavored soda, you know Pepsi Cola and Coca Cola, doesn’t actually taste anything like cola. Soda with real cola nut in it tastes quite a bit different. If you ever have the opportunity to try a soda with real cola nut in it I recommend you give it a go, it’s quite good. The others have this sort of ambiguous flavor that, quite frankly, I don’t even like.

Coca leaves are still one of the “natural flavors” used is Coca-Cola. The cocaine is extracted from the leaves by a company in NJ and sold to Mallinckrodt for sale to researchers and medical folks (like me). Trainloads of the extracted leaves get shipped out and mixed with high fructose corn syrup to make delicious fizzy drinks.

and alcohol still is humans favorite essence :spin:

“Natural” vanilla flavoring is usually a secretion from the anal glands of a beaver. Beavers are naturally occurring ya know :wink:

The FDA was originally refused on several occasions when trying to obtain a barrel of high fructose corn syrup for testing. Eventually they obtained a barrel by posing as a startup soda company exploring sweetening options. They found high levels of the toxic substance mercury in the batch delivered to them.

Cheese sticks are awesome.

I take my sugar in the direct crystalline format saturated in coffee…

TV men & women don’t look like real men & women.

Name Brand: Exactly the same, but you think we’re better because we’re more expensive. Actually you’re just paying for our ad campaigns.

Organic: You think we don’t use pesticides, but actually we just don’t use synthetic pesticides. Organic pesticides are often more toxic.

Fresh: There’s no regulation of the term fresh, our produce could’ve spent six months on a freighter from China and still be called fresh.

Natural Flavor: You think there’s actual fruit in it, but you probably wouldn’t put it in your mouth if you knew what it really was. However, it originally occurred naturally.

it would be interesting to have watermelon candy with only real watermelon and no flavoring. i bet it would be delicious!

I too like eating watermelon. The candies taste not exactly the same but still I prefer watermelon flavour in candies.