Why should I buy Marmoset Toolbag 2?

I have read a number of articles about marmoset but I am left being a bit confused. Is it a top of the line renderer like Vray or Keyshot or some other standalone renderers? Why should a Blender user get it? Is it just for viewing? Is it just for game asset rendering?

Thanks for any pointers or links to help me understand this software better?

Looked a video. You could use unreal editor instead because its a real time renderer. It’s not a renderer as vray or cycles. It’s more like a game.

Looked a video. You could use unreal editor instead because its a real time renderer. It’s not a renderer as vray or cycles. It’s more like a game.

heres a good review you should read :slight_smile:

Should explain the pros and cons of marmoset for you

Thanks for the tips and the link. I bookmarked that link…lots of interesting articles under it. Thanks. Might not be an issue if Marmoset was still $49…but now at $149. Thanks again.

I recon marmoset will be useless by the time blender 2.8 comes around with new viewport renderer but it probably won’t be out for about a year or longer. Using unreal engine 4 or cryengine would be best if you don’t want or can’t spend the cash for marmoset.

1 Like

Or if you’re a cheap fellow you can use sketchfab

Thanks guys or guys and gals…I would prefer poor to cheap. But I understand. Isn’t sketchfab just for sowing off your stuff online? Or does it serve another purpose…like turbosquid…where one can sell their models? Cheap sounds as if I enjoy cutting corners or being sleazy. I am on a fixed income, or semi-fixed. Being retired that is.

Thanks fdfxd…I know you didn’t mean it to sound derogative and i appreciate the sketchfab tip. I just wanted to know if Marmoset was used primarily to render finished scenes.

Nah if it’s finished scene that’s not made for a game,
don’t use marmoset

It’s just used to preview pbr game meshes.

Useful for texturing.
Not so useful when you haven’t baked lighting

k thanks again fdfxd. If it is used for preview then I don’t need it. I have Substance Designer and Painter and 3D Coat. Along with Zbrush and Blender…even with only cycles right now I am pretty satisfied. Just that I kept hearing so many mention Marmoset.

Best realtime renderer imho, surpass Unreal and Unity. Also easiest way to preview 3D file formats. Just drag and drop any 3DS, DFX, FBX, Collada DAE or OBJ.