Material Pipeline 1.0 is Now Free

UPDATE: I come bearing gifts…

Sweet, Sweet, Freedom:
Yes. Material Pipeline 1.0 is now free and will remain that way!
Download |
Material Pipeline 1.0. Free. Forever.

Announcement: Material Pipeline 2.0
It’s been a long time coming, but I am extremely excited to announce that Version 2.0 of the Material Pipeline is on its way.

There’s a plethora of new features and content that I can’t wait to tell you about, but for now stay tuned for updates and announcements within the coming weeks. Although the current launch window for Version 2.0 is January 2018, maybe Santa will come early.

Thank you all for your continued support and feedback, truly this wouldn’t have been possible without you. Read the next section to find out more about Version 2.0. For everyone that purchased Version 1.0, there are good tidings ahead. If you are curious about what that means, please skip down to the section titled Membership.

Version 2.0: What to Expect

Material Pipeline 2.0 is shaping up to be quite the release. I’ve done my best to incorporate your feedback and feature requests into the initial offering. My hope is that it fills some of the ever-widening gaps the community has identified between Blender and other 3D packages, and provides a proper avenue for industry standard workflows and practices.

Upcoming Features:

• The baking workflow inside of Blender has been given a complete overhaul.
  • A “Universal Material Library” system that works for any render engine is coming.
  • The Texture Import feature has received a major upgrade, with support for both Metallic and Specular workflows, Box Mapping, and other workflow improvements to automate tedious texturing tasks.
  • A new node-based material authoring system, code-named, Tengu.
Membership: Material Pipeline 2.0 is being offered as a "membership" service. You can expect a fairly priced, yearly fee. A membership gives you access to everything that Version 2.0 has to offer; while your membership is active you will continue to receive updates. You can cancel at any time and still have access to the product package, but will no longer receive updated content, bug fixes, etc. After you have made the required number of payments, you own Material Pipeline 2.0 forever!

General Subscription Perks:

1. Content Drops will be included with your subscription.
  2. If you cancel your subscription, you will retain access to previously acquired Content Drops.
  3. When you resume your subscription, you will get access to anything new you might have missed.

If you paid for Material Pipeline 1.0:

1. You will receive a pro-rated discount on your membership for Material Pipeline 2.0.
  2. When you resume your subscription, your discount still applies.
  3. Content Drops will be offered free forever.
  4. Free Special access to all Content Drops, even if you do not have Material Pipeline 2.0.

Content Drops Explained:
These are Materials, Textures, Assets, Tutorials, Courses and other Goodies. In order to compensate for inequalities in past purchase requirements (i.e. various sales and promotional offers), if you paid for Material Pipeline 1.0 you will get this stuff for free. A special link to all the downloadable goodies in these content drops will be sent specifically to you.

The decision to switch to this pricing structure was made for two reasons. First, although Material Pipeline 2.0 carries the same name as the first release, it is essentially a brand new product. Consequently, this means 2.0 will require continuous updates, bug fixes when necessary, and performance improvements over time. Your financial commitment goes directly into making Material Pipeline 2.0 faster, supports the creation of new content delivered in periodic releases, and pays for new features. Secondly, if you purchased Version 1.0, you’re awesome, and deserve to be thanked with a lovely discount on future updates.

There’s going to be a lot more information coming out over the course of the next month regarding the next release. If you want to receive updates on development progress, release dates, or any special offerings in regards to the Material Pipeline, follow this link to sign up for the newsletter: http://www.onelvxe.com/newsletter/

Happy Blending!
Please direct any questions or comments to [email protected]

Version 1.0:Product Details, Material Previews, and Documentation: http://www.onelvxe.com/material-pipeline

DEMO & TUTORIAL:

Material Previews: (Head to the website to view all 100 Materials)

awesome man!, looks great!

Wow! Looks great man, haven’t seen the whole video yet but it seems to be the most complete solution for Blender I’ve seen so far.

Can’t wait to test it! :smiley:

your main object has visible poles, do correct for it to be taken seriously :eyebrowlift:

It’s a minor detail. I’m not going to re-topo then re-render 2000 frames for something completely inconsequential to the actual product being offered.

I think this comment is not worth taking seriously. The object looks great for the purpose of showing off the flexibility of the shader. The modelling of the object has nothing to do with it.

The product and the animation looks great. Well done.

@infin8eye thanks m8!

Yes, that is how you show fine bump, normals and/or displacement in a shader… using bad geo.
Enjoy the comfort…

@burnin: The fine bump, normals and or displacement are all on the floor plane. The main object interpolates between shading models (Dielectric, Glass, Metallic, Anisotropic. I left out SSS, and clearcoat because they would have resulted in longer render times). The changing floor plane uses the exact same shader node as the main object in the scene, the only difference is that there are textures plugged in. You should check out the Demo Video if you haven’t already. It gives a pretty specific explanation of all the features. The teaser video/sizzle reel is just that. The goal was to show off just a small sampling of the 100 different materials as well as illustrate how easy it is to iterate between one type of shading versus another.

@burnin Also I’d like to mention if you head to the website you can see every material in the pack and click on each individual thumbnail to see a 1024x1024 closeup shot of each :slight_smile:

this looks really interesting! Well done!

@burnin: ok you expressed your opinion and we are now fully aware of it. I think there’s no need to stress it further :slight_smile:

@lvxjay
Yes i know, i have visited the page, looked thoroughly… it is nice, congrats… and is why geo on video doesn’t do justice to the product and your work.
Was just a friendly advice as it seems you like to do best at making & presenting your work.

@Bernardo
stressed? Chill then… :wink:

Seems high quality and finished product.

I have not yet really dived into pbr world, so I’m interested to know if this Material pipeline is directly compatible with Substance-output files? I mean, can I make more textures in Substance Painter and just plug them into this noodles? Because if it is, you should really advertise it =). And perhaps make a video alone about it.

@vilvei: Absolutely! For example if you’re texturing a fire hydrant, and you’ve done some texture painting in Substance Painter, you can export the painted UV mapped textures back into Blender and pipe them into the shader node. If you’re using PBR, the only tweaks you’d have to make would be lighting related to match what you did in Substance, and then modify the Normal Distance, Strength, and potentially change the displacement strength of your displacement map if you’re using that.

Double Post

Hi Ivxejay,
i like your Materials, but the Hdri-Map is not included (i found it on hdrlabs) and the Materials (Material Pipeline Library) are also pink.
What the correct path for the textures? I think it`s not relativ.
Thanks for your effort.

Check this demo video to learn how to link the textures from the library. The paths are relative and the textures were not packed directly into the Blend File because the Texture Library is well over 10GB in size…

Demo Video:

Ahh, i understand, this file (ONELVXE Material Pipeline Library.blend) is only a database.
Can you make the pathes for the “Active ONELVXE Texture” also relative?
Thanks again

Hi Jay,
Materials look good. Do I understand it correctly that you distribute a plugin using the Blender API without a GPL license? How do you handle it legally?