Pocket Watch

Hi All,

First render of my latest scene. Still lots of work to do with texturing / shaders. This was mainly an experiment with UV unwrapping as I have unwrapped zero objects before. After many failed attempts I managed to get the book unwrapped so the texture wraps around the edges properly.

Anyway please feel free to comment and thanks for viewing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445924[/ATTACH]

Attachments

You can add sphere with environment because that table looks like rendered :wink:

That looks good, but is a little noisy and you can add a little dirtness in the golden material.

the book reminds me of cracked earth of some kind. does not look like a book. also why no title or anything like that on the book. perhaps its supposed to be a diary but it still could do with some text

Thanks for the comments.

Updated the book texture with something that’s very close to what I had originally planned. Although it’s not as complicated as some of the things I’ve seen here it’s a personal best for me and was a great learning experience.

Now I just need to change the gold metal texture to something a little more realistic, and do something with the wood as I’m not a fan of that either.

The book looks great now. I wouldnt make the gold too dirty. People tend to take good care of gold items :wink: Some minor scratches will do. Even when you polish metal, you will see tiny scratches.

Looks much better now