3D view BG image (viewer node) not updating

Hi all. I am trying to use a viewer node as the background for my 3D view. The problem is that when I make changes to one of the nodes (transform, for instance) the background in the 3D view doesn’t update. Hopefully the attached screenshot explains the issue

You can see that the images of the equipment in the viewer node are positioned differently than in the 3D view background. Any insight would be very much appreciated! I’m using Blender 2.77a

thanks,

Compositing output doesn’t show in the 3d viewport. The rendered view is just a preview.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re getting at. In the 3D viewport I enable the background image and, from the drop-down, select ‘Viewer Node’ as the image. I would expect that this would use whatever is displaying in the viewer node as the background image for the 3d viewport, and it does – it just never updates it. I’m not sure how this relates to what you are telling me.

thanks,

Sorry, I misunderstood your original question. I never noticed the option to use Viewer Node output as background image in the viewport. I can confirm that it doesn’t update the composite for me either, even though it updates fine in the UV/Image editor and nodes backdrop (2.77, Windows 7). Perhaps report as a bug?

Edit: This was reported years ago and classified as a limitation, not a bug.

https://developer.blender.org/T23721

Thank you, CD38!