Short animated movie

Hello!

I’ve finished a short animated movie with Blender. Here it is :

I painted the elements with MyPaint, and the animation was all done with Blender!

Please tell me what you think about it! It is my second film with Blender, and the very first one with 2D paintings.

I hope you like it.

Fabulous! very very nice feel with the landscape, night sky… moonlight…, the atmosphere:-)
The running character and the footsteps works really well too!
Then afterwards, it goes too slow.
I would let him meet someone out there instead, to get some action, perhaps an animal or another person :slight_smile:
I would also try to use the grand setting of yours more, instead of super close-ups of the character!

Thank you very much for your comment, Jaqueline!

If there’s anything else to say, please comment! Help me improve. Thanks.

Hey there,
i like your idea with this short movie! I really like its simplicity and the look of it. But i agree with Jaqueline that you might want to get some more action to it.
I think i’d try to cut into a closeup how he’s leaving the house showing his excitment here. That would make a nice contrast to the silent moment when he’s lying in the grass watching for some falling stars. Also i feel that it would break up a little these long duration shots where you’re expecting something to happen but nothing happens. Especially on the first shot. MAybe you could try to do it like this:

1. Establishing shot on the house slowly zooming into it. Guess that would show your environment and the viewer would get to know that something is about to happen. Cut.
  2. Closeup shot on the boys upper body how he’s opening the door and running outside. Cut.
  3. Show him from the back how he runs away from the camera and maybe that he’s jumping on the ground to lay down. Cut.
  4. Go into those two last shots you already have =)

Hope that makes some sense and you could use something of it. Thanks for showing us your art!
Cheers,
Poly.

The short animated movie with blender given here was excellent. Thanks for sharing.

The 2d effect getting better day by day in blender good work and nicely animate.

Well done. Nice flow and feel.

Agreed with others. This is nice…
It’s important to remember that how you establish your scene, the pacing, and your choice of “shot distance” is all relative to your artistic style.
Aside from the fact that it’s a bit quick for my tastes, (even the crickets sound hyperactive) this was well done.

Needs something to happen, considering it’s a standalone animation.
If you were to be critiqued on nothing but your animation, then that’s what most people would tell you.
It’s simple to pick an event and say “I want to recreate it”, but in order to have an impact on the audience, you, as the director, must impose some kind of message.
Of course, this is based on the animation given what I know from it.
In terms of texture, the environment is beautiful and the mood set is very strong and relevant. At this point, you should move on to bigger plans. Create a storyboard, and use your beautiful sense of mood to create a powerful work.

Combine one or more Favorite videos of yours and create your own custom Video with DJ effects and many more with Trashz DJ …

Listening to Positive Affirmations makes a Person more Wise and Healthy…

Looks great. Wish I would even know where to start with something like that.

The short movie is greatRead more for detailed info

Your movie is really great!
Read more for detailed info

Looks good. Expression on the character could have been enhanced more and Sparkling stars could have been little brighter.