README - Blender Team

Hi there!

First off, thanks for checking out this post!

The Idea
So I have this idea that I would like to try out. The thing is, I will need your help. I want to start a Blender animation production team. Essentially, we will be a full animation department made up of blender artist from all over. It will be entirely online collaboration with one another. However, note that there will be a structure. There will be no pay (at least not at start up) it is merely for the opportunity to work together to make stories come to life. If this project goes well then maybe down the road we can do paid work to make animations come to life.
What I would like to have is writers, directors, artists, character modelers, environment artists, shading artists, riggers, animators, and renders. It will be very similar to an actual production team with the difference being that we are all online. Again, this is merely an idea that I have but I think it is very possible!

Interested?
If you are interested in being a part of this animation team please email me directly at [email protected]
Please make the subject of your email: Blender Animation Team
Also, include the following information: Name, Specialty in Blender, Reason you want to join, Position you would like to have (feel free to request multiple positions) and a picture example of your work (one example will work, although, multiple examples will be accepted as well).
List of positions available:

• Writer
  • Director
  • Concept Artist
  • Character Modeler
  • Character Rigger
  • Environment Artist/Modeler
  • Shading Artist
  • Animator
  • Renderer

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and your interest in this project!

Edit
I had a great question asked in a message that I think should be addressed here! That question is: what skill level am I looking for to be a part of our animation team?
Anyone can join! If you just started out on Blender yesterday, you can join. The idea is that our team will be made up of artists who are all at different skill levels. That will allow for the team to be able to learn from one another and teach each other new tips and tricks. If you want to join but are afraid that you aren’t advanced enough, stop! You are welcome on this team. We will be right here to help you learn and point you in the right direction.
Again, If you are interested in joining, please message me personally.

Thanks,
B. Neely
FTL Films

What skills are you bringing to the table? Do you a basic script or outline for your idea?

Hello, PlanetaryMarlin!
Thanks for your reply. My plan is to help out in every position that I can! So, I am bringing a little bit of it all to the table (though I by no means consider myself a pro at any of this, I will do what I can). As well as, trying to make sure that everything runs smoothly between the team!
As for an outline, I am not sure exactly which idea you are referencing. If you mean the team in general, yes, I have a basic outline for it. If you are asking do I have a script for an animation to start out with then no! However, I have plenty of ideas that I would love to turn into scripts. Though, I would like to give other team members the opportunity to submit scripts before I do (Although, if no one else decides to submit a script then I have an idea that I just need to put on paper).
Thanks again for your reply. I hope I answered your questions. If I did not or you still have questions please feel free to ask or message me. I would love to have you on the team!

Thanks,
B. Neely
FTL Films

So… what exactly have you accomplished and achieved in your project thus far?

So far, I have a couple emails from users interested in joining. I also have brought in another user who will be assisting me with leading the project.
I am still here and active! I don’t plan on this being another one of the failed projects here. Even if it starts up slow, I will be here for anyone interested in joining a blender animation studio.
In preparation for a first animation, I will be looking into story ideas and working on a script.
If you are interested or if anyone else is interested, please feel free to email me. I am happy to answer any questions you have or accept any advice you might offer.

Thanks,
B. Neely
FTL Films

If you´re going to attract volunteers to work with you it would probably be a good idea to give an example of your own artistic skills?

Thanks for the advice! I posted a piece and I have some more to upload.

For anyone interested, we are still accepting members! We are already communicating as a team and starting to work on things. If you are interested in joining feel free to contact me as mentioned above.

Thanks for the advice! I have uploaded a piece of my work and have more uploads on the way.

The offer is still open! We would love to have you on the team. So, if anyone is interested in joining please contact me through the method described above. If you have questions, ask all you need to before you join.

Thanks,
B. Neely

Things are going great with our Blender team! The first animation is currently underway. For anyone who is still interested, please click here for the updated post and to join!
We would love to have you onboard our team.
Thanks,
B. Neely