Question about FreeStyle Line Support.

-I’m at a position where I’ve finished my animation model, yet am still
discovering the detection inconsistencies in 64 bit 2.77a Blender.
I am aware that work is to be done in this area. Can someone
tell me how long it will be before the debugged Freestyle Edge (visible)
code will be available for download and install as a plugin will be available?

As an example, I have uploaded my model, at the frame which is not properly
animation rendered.

-Is there anyone who can reply comment more on this? How far away is Blender’s solution
for this?

Attachments

Animation.blend (965 KB)

>-I’m at a position where I’ve finished my animation model, yet am still discovering the detection inconsistencies in 64 bit 2.77a Blender.

Great, can you make a simple scenario of this bug and clearly document it and submit it as a bug report to http://developer.blender.org

> I am aware that work is to be done in this area. Can someone tell me how long it will be before the debugged Freestyle Edge (visible) code will be available for download and install as a plugin will be available?

Have no idea, nor did i know someone was working on freestyle, the git longs dont show any freestyle development happening this month

> As an example, I have uploaded my model, at the frame which is not properly animation rendered.

Can you make a simplier scene and clearly document what is happening and what you are expecting to happen

> -Is there anyone who can reply comment more on this? How far away is Blender’s solution for this?

Probably not on these forums, nor is there a ‘blender’… its mostly folk who volunteer their time to work on these less critical parts of blender.

-I am encountering an already listed big, which has been submitted.
https://developer.blender.org/T48045

-What I’m really talking about, though, occurs in a few places in my model, but starts in frame 400.

-An F12 on that frame will show you what I mean. I have two coincident objects,
based on the one material reference. In one situation, I get all the marked Freestyle edges.
Yet in a parallel situation, I don’t get enough. This is not a z-fighting problem. I have
tried moving the camera and light so that they are straight down the middle,
yet I am still not getting equivalent visible freestyle line detection or rendering
on both the left and right sides of my model. How can I achieve my modelling
so that things show up symmetrically in my animation or image render?

-Is there someone who can tell me more particularly what and when updates and fixes are happening around issues of FreeStyle Edge detection? Particularly in my situation, where I must have coincident planes and edges, not separated by 1px or 1 smallest decimal unit? (All my objects here are of the identical material object reference)?

Attachments

-Can someone reply to me with the info on if and when Freestyle Line/Edge detection
is getting enhanced/fixed/ programmed, please?

-I already have all of my marked freestyle edges under their own Line set object,
which it has been suggested I change. This doesn’t eliminate my non-detection
inconsistency that occurs in my .jpg image, on frame 400 of my .blend file,
as shown above.

-Can someone in the know reply, at all?

-I have narrowed down my problem to issues around selection by Visibility.
I need to enable this mode to cause the renderer to consider perspective
to do with the view out from the camera. However, visibility mode isn’t behaving
consistently in terms of coincident objects and edges.

-Is there any work being done in this area?

-Where do I go to raise this either as a bug
or an issue for development, so that someone addresses this?

There is a “Report a Bug” button directly within the Blender interface:

-Having issued this as a bug report, is there someone I can talk to about it?
Is there anyone in development who knows about bug issues who can please
reply to me?

Please post a link to your bug report.
What was the developers’ response to it: Did they confirm the bug?
If so, shouldn’t you discuss this with them?

EDIT
Ah, it seems this is it: T49017
You were asked to provide an example .blend file - until then the status of your bug report is “Incomplete”, which I think you can safely translate to “Dormant”. Why don’t you just do as advised, wait for a response and discuss further from there?

-I have updated this bug report/implementation request. Is there someone
who can look at my secondary posting at T49017 and consider this?

-Is there any consideration happening about my in-place surface/edge
rendering issue raised? Or has the matter simply been dismissed?

Do you really need to have zero thickness?

-Yes, I really do need to have zero thickness.

-In the end, you would want consistent outer (camera side if culling is enabled) freestyle edge mark detection via separate thickness, a common thickness, or within common surfaces with no thicknesses. I do suppose that in the end you would want all 3 options.

-Can someone in the know keep replying to me? I have been trying to raise a bug fix or improvement request to have freestyle line detection altered in the Blender, pre-render part of the software.

?

I’ve seen that you are being very insistent on another thread :spin:

Regarding coplanar faces. Developers have already answered you in the bug report about the limitations in such cases and that probably it is not considered a bug. What is it what you are expecting developers do for you then?
In these cases the best you can do is try to find a workaround to the problem. If the problem is coplanar faces, have you tried to make those faces are not coplanar?. For example, selecting one of the planes and moving it parallel to the another plane along the normal just a negligible value (0.001).
Or perhaps moving one of the overlapping planes to another render layer?.
Do you really need to use coplanar faces in the project?. Do you really need to use FreeStyle?. What about some wireframe renders addon instead freestyle, like Setup Wire Materials?
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?239505-setup-a-wire-render

-This is essentially what I am trying to pose with my question. No, I cannot have two planes
a miniscule distance apart. No, I can’t really use separate render layers. Wireframe material
mode for rendering is also one of the things I need to avoid.

What I am finding is that sometime freestyle line marks are internally rendered correctly and that
sometimes they are not. Particularly in the example on my threat at

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?403798-Question-about-FreeStyle-Line-Support&p=3080125#post3080125

I canot use a wireframe add on, because I in fact what material blocking to happen. My issue is that I want
freestyle line blocking to happen constistently as well, within an external surface or planes which
have both surfaces internal within one another, to extents.

-Is there a gpl license addon I can use, or something that blender developers can do here?

Have you considered an alternative?
j o t
Jot Exporter for Blender

Sorry, been a long time since i did last studies on…

-NPR rendering does look fascinating. But no, I an locked in to using vertices and edges and planes. All in
the same defaulting layer too. This is the crux of my problem. I want to use some real-world parallel
properties and get rid of some of them too, at least I do think.

?

-Is there anyone who is considering my situation? Is it possible that something
can be picked up in development to allow me to model with the same material,
coincident planes and freestyle line marks for rendering as per my example?

-Can someone please reply telling me what is happening on my issue here?

-Not quite what I need. Can someone respond to my thread here, please?

To what extent?
You got a response in your bug report: This is seemingly considered to be an inevitable side effect of rendering co-planar faces in Blender. Nobody is working on solving the inevitable.

So I see two choices here: Either you adapt your workflow to the way Blender works. Or you find yourself another piece of 3D software that can get the desired results with the workflow you seem to be hellbent on… You’ve been posting on this matter for almost 4 months now. I’d say that would have been plenty enough time to successfully follow either of those choices and get your project done.

But coming back here again and again and asking for changes to Blender that will most likely never come will get you nowhere fast. Just saying.

[Please delete this post]