Blender 2.49 with 2560x1080 resolution interfache problem...

Hello community!

well, since i have my new Monitor i have here some problems with blender 2.49 (yea, i need this for the python script, there is no other scripts that works with higher blender version…).

the problem is my selection interface looks like this!

My new Monitor: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-C3583FQ-Curved-Monitor-2560/dp/B01G6E4UPE/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471647104&sr=8-1&keywords=aoc+35+monitor
2560x1080 resolution (21:9 on 144hz)

anybody could help me out with this one?

greez D.

#push* need really some help with that one it’s getting annoying!

still not solved… and iam slowly frustrated :frowning: Push

if you are not going to bother to inform us as to what Operating system this is ???
Linux ? - if so what version ?
Apple ? - if so what version ?
Microsoft ??? - if so what version ?
xp,vista,7,8,8.1,10

nor what the hardware is ???

Laptop???
Desktop ???
tablet ???

what the CPU is ?
how much ram is there ?
and so on …

nor the graphics card ( if you have one ? )
a old ATI ?
a AMD ?
a Nvidia ?
a intel chip ?

nor what the driver version is for the unknown 3d card or chip ?

oh yea, i forget all of that…

well i use Windows 7 (Enterprise 64 bit) with 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 2500k core, GTX 970 with 2 Screens (Main is 21:9 2560 x 1080 and the second one Wacom cintiq 22HD 1920x1080) and the driver is up2date. (thx to drivergenius and Nvidia experience)

ouch, that could be an issue. theres one good way to update your graphics drivers(or any driver): manually. uninstall the old one, and reinstall the new one. even still, theres a chance that driver update software messed up something(or is malware, spyware, etc).

i use Nvidia driver 368.81, it seems to work best with older blender versions. i dont like to install geforce experience.

UNINSTALL THE OLD ONE FIRST!! (along with all the other nvidia stuff, restarting between)
SHUTDOWN the computer BEFORE and AFTER.

I don’t think UPgrading the graphics drivers will help, as they seem to be too modern already…
Blender 2.49 is - what? - 8 years old? Its display code was never designed to work on modern day hardware and in high widescreen resolutions. So, either find someone to modernize Blender 2.49 (unlikely, to say the least) or find older hardware to run Blender 2.49 on.

What you could try is to boot into any “Live” Linux distribution (no need to install) to see if Blender runs better with non-proprietary open source graphics drivers. If so, consider installing that Linux distro to dual boot.