Transparency on Shadeless Materials?

Hi, I’m relatively new to Blender, but have a decent knowledge of how to use the program. I have been working with shadeless textures in my more recent projects, and a few of my ideas have hit a snag. I can’t figure out how to make shadeless textures have any kind of transparency. I’m not looking for realistic refraction or anything - Just make these flat-colored objects allow other objects to show up behind them. Is there any way to do this?

In Cycles simply mix the shadeless part of shader tree with Transparent shader using the Mix shader node.

Hi there everyone!

For blender 2.8…
Is it posible to use Transparency on Shadeless Materials?

I allready found this video on how to make your textures shaderless
How to make Textures SHADELESS in Blender 2.8 Eevee
But unfortunately taking away the Principled shader will disable the use use of the “shader settings” -> “Blend mode” and “Shadow mode” so changing them to alpha hashed or clip won’t have any effect.

I want to do this for an imported “image sequence” with alpha transparency. But I imagine that it would be the same for single images.

What I want to achieve is to render out the image sequence with alpha transparency in its original coulours in EEVEE (Using blender to comp video sequence with 3D models and stuff)

Maybe the best way is to add some colour nodes between the image sequence node and the oyut put node to manually color grade the image/sequence to close to the original colors.
But I would need some tips on what nodes to use. I played around with some node combination but can’t seem to figure this out. Blender out put mage the image sequence footage a bit darker and de-saturated

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

This tip from Reddit helped!!

Mix a principled shader and use it just for the transparency.

Find Reddit discussion here