Audio Visualisation

Hey everyone!

I’d like to present to you my addon

It’s currently a WIP, as i’ve got a lot of features I would like to add. It’s for creating a an audio visualisation from any song you like, as it automatically bakes the sound curves

Having said this its still fully functional, and I use it for all my music visualisations (example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-2WYTXev1A&list=PLt3zPM264HXSM6TV1xPfMAK1H8pk3nXZz&index=5)

I hope you all enjoy it, and I’d love to hear what you think :slight_smile:

I wanna work on it some more but I’m not sure what to add, anyone else have some ideas?

Hi,
Thanks for the add-on. I’ve taken a look at it and since you asked for feedback, here is mine:

-It would be better if we had a way to delete all generated content when we start a new one (while working on it)

-A setting that would allow us to select how the frequencies positioned. Left to right, right to left, center mirrored. Or if you can parent all the objects to an empty users can easily do that as well.

-Would it be possible to animate cp’s of a curve so we can generate more organic things? Also generating vertices would allow use to use the skin modifier for a similar organic look.

-Would it be possible to put some buttons as axis names? Once an axis is enabled we can then change its “Size” value. It is kind of confusing at the moment. Or you may only keep scale value and get rid of “Animated Scale” booleans.

-Any plans to scale/position of a selected object?

Hope you find something useful in my feedback.

Hey, my apologies for replying!

-Yeah that should be easy to add. Maybe by adding all the generated meshes to a group? Which will have it’s contents deleted if you re run it? would need to think of something for the sound strip though

-right to left can already be done, just make the spacing negative. Something bi linear would have to be customly implemented though, but its a good idea. Hopefully I can add linear (normal), bi linear and maybe radial?

-Could you explain in more detail what you mean?

-Again, im really sorry but I’m slightly lost. Sorry for my ignorance

-You mean after creation or?

It was good thanks :slight_smile:

Hello again,
Thanks for your reply.

What I meant with “animate cp’s of a curve” is being able to generate a curve instead of an array of cubes. Think each pivot of the cube becomes a control point for the curve. There is an official add-on called “AnimAll” included with Blender for inserting keyframes for curve’s control points.

For “buttons as axis names” I mean a dynamic User Interface. If you can make a folding user interface for your add-on, it would look much more organized and you can control which buttons users have access while using it. Because at the moment, I have access to both “Animated Scale” and “Size” I can enter a value for “X” axis but it wouldn’t do anything unless I enable “X” axis from “Animated Scale”.

And as for the “selected object” I should have ask like: Do you have any plans to make your add-on with user objects (selected) not just with cubes?

“What I meant with “animate cp’s of a curve” is being able to generate a curve instead of an array of cubes. Think each pivot of the cube becomes a control point for the curve. There is an official add-on called “AnimAll” included with Blender for inserting keyframes for curve’s control points.”
Okay yeah ill look into this and consider it for later releases

"I can enter a value for “X” axis but it wouldn’t do anything unless I enable “X” axis from “Animated Scale”. "
You’re mistaken here. The size option is for the base size of the cube generated, hence whether it is animated on that scale or not it will still come into play. Try it and you will see what I mean

“And as for the “selected object” I should have ask like: Do you have any plans to make your add-on with user objects (selected) not just with cubes?”
Yeah I do. I’d like to add all the base primitives plus the option to use your own mesh in the scene