Solidify on small and complex objects

Hi

I’m modeling a Starbucks cup and I have to say that it came out well…

I just encountered an obstacle and I hope that someone already met this problem and knows how to sort it out…

Basically the top of the cup seems well but seen that I’ll probably animate it or at least see it “untapped” I need to give it “solidity” or “thickness”.

Solidify is the best option so far but I noticed that where there are huge bends the modifier doesn’t work. The polygons seem enter one in each other and this is quite annoying…

Do you have idea how to fix it? I paste here the model so maybe you can give it an eye? Should I use different settings?

Thank you!!!

http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=43221

Just move the solidify modifier to the bottom of the stack, or at least below the subsurf.

Hi DerekWatts!

Thank you so much for the advice! I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong :frowning:

Do you know why having solidify before the end part created so many issues? As we say in Italy “Abbiamo fatto 30, facciamo 31!” [In for a Penny, in for a Pound]. Seen that I arrived at this point I try to understand the rule that regulates this so I won’t do the same mistake in the future! :slight_smile:

Excuse this post, please.