Page 134 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2752
    Originally Posted by Hickz View Post
    Bmesh fails with coplanar geometry (no, don't ask me to move the geometry, there are times when there are 500+ prongs)
    Attachment 514925Attachment 514926
    Did you submit a bug report?

Originally Posted by Dantus View Post
    Did you submit a bug report?
    Yeah, i did. https://developer.blender.org/T54054

The 2.8 Code Quest; A new BF initiative to really make sure that 2.8 can be delivered this year.
    https://www.blender.org/2-8/quest/

The goal is to get all of the major developers to move to Amsterdam for three months in the Spring, where they will collaborate with each other on major development tasks (in a way that is more efficient than what can be done via the web). There will also be a designer onboard to help make things more artist friendly.

People who donate for the cause get a nifty prize, a Blender-branded rocket that contains a USB drive (and contained within the drive is a bunch of Eevee demo files and Open Movie content). All it takes is a one-time payment of 39 USD or 34 Euros.
    -----------------------------------

In my opinion, this sounds like a nifty idea that could work (especially with the prize which will add value). There was also a mention on the Mailing List that the Quest will be able to involve more devs. over a longer period of time if they have the resources to do it.

Can't wait to see how 2.8 will shape up as a result
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Another thing that appears to be going away, the Triple Buffer GUI drawing trick (and its companions) in a favor of truly modern drawing code.
    https://developer.blender.org/D3061

According to Brecht, the current drawing trickery used in 2.7x was, in part, a workaround for the fact that Blender needed to support an ancient version of OpenGL. That is no longer needed for 2.8 with the bump in the minimum required version.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

2.8 really needs a Substance/3D-Coat like easy texture painting feature where you drop Albedo, Metallic, normal, AO, Roughness and so on then paint on to model and export textures or just render in Eevee.
    Skype - open source
    Graphene CPU future

A commit from Campbell which may not seem like much on the surface, but allows for a nifty possibility in terms of usability.
    https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...ry/104642.html

With this, the concept of the edit mode object is now a per-window thing rather than per-scene (so you can have multiple windows and each of them has a different object in editmode). Now it's not exactly a "multiple objects in editmode at once" thing, but it still might be nice to have.

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    A commit from Campbell which may not seem like much on the surface, but allows for a nifty possibility in terms of usability.
    https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...ry/104642.html

With this, the concept of the edit mode object is now a per-window thing rather than per-scene (so you can have multiple windows and each of them has a different object in editmode). Now it's not exactly a "multiple objects in editmode at once" thing, but it still might be nice to have.
    Then we can not edit a object at same time that the UVs of the same object in other window????

Hi everyone;

This question goes out to those who really know their way around 2.8 and how to contact the devs for bug reports.

I can see people using 2.8 and navigating comfortably in it. I, for one can't because the 2.8 copies I downloaded seem to be totally whacked in that department. I can only use the Maya configuration or the configs that I use currently (up till 2.79) and in both cases I can't orbit, pan or zoom and even when I put my config folders inside their appropriate location as I always do after a clean install, none of my shortcuts, not even ALT+a works... I can see that this could be a bug since 2.8 hasn't even hit beta, but I'd like to report these things anyhow if I can. On the download page they say that bug reporting has been limited to module owners, but in their usual vagueness, they neglected to denote how to do so clearly. The page that opens up only shows who is currently dealing with what. So my first question would be, does anyone in the know take the time to direct me on the right path in contacting these people for 2.8 bug reports? And secondly, I'd also like to know whether if anyone else using a navigation scheme other than Blender standard (preferably Maya) ran into the same problem as I have in 2.8 testing and how they fixed the issue, if there's any?

Thanx in advance;

AJ

Originally Posted by jacobo View Post
    Hi everyone;

This question goes out to those who really know their way around 2.8 and how to contact the devs for bug reports.

I can see people using 2.8 and navigating comfortably in it. I, for one can't because the 2.8 copies I downloaded seem to be totally whacked in that department. I can only use the Maya configuration or the configs that I use currently (up till 2.79) and in both cases I can't orbit, pan or zoom and even when I put my config folders inside their appropriate location as I always do after a clean install, none of my shortcuts, not even ALT+a works... I can see that this could be a bug since 2.8 hasn't even hit beta, but I'd like to report these things anyhow if I can. On the download page they say that bug reporting has been limited to module owners, but in their usual vagueness, they neglected to denote how to do so clearly. The page that opens up only shows who is currently dealing with what. So my first question would be, does anyone in the know take the time to direct me on the right path in contacting these people for 2.8 bug reports? And secondly, I'd also like to know whether if anyone else using a navigation scheme other than Blender standard (preferably Maya) ran into the same problem as I have in 2.8 testing and how they fixed the issue, if there's any?

Thanx in advance;

AJ
    Bug reporting being limited to module owners means just that, only the developers are allowed to report bugs, user reports will be ignored until much later.

They didn't neglect to denote how to do bug reports, the point is that you shouldn't. You can keep a list of issues you find and when user reporting is opened up you can report it then.

Originally Posted by Cyaoeu View Post
    Bug reporting being limited to module owners means just that, only the developers are allowed to report bugs, user reports will be ignored until much later.

They didn't neglect to denote how to do bug reports, the point is that you shouldn't. You can keep a list of issues you find and when user reporting is opened up you can report it then.
    Thank you for the info. I totally misunderstood what they meant. I somehow was under the impression that users were supposed to report to the module owners only and directly :-B

Thanx for clearing that up for me, I appreciate it.

Cheers;

AJ

Originally Posted by potska View Post
    2.8 really needs a Substance/3D-Coat like easy texture painting feature where you drop Albedo, Metallic, normal, AO, Roughness and so on then paint on to model and export textures or just render in Eevee.
    You mean like using the Principled BSDF and painting on maps? Because that just about works, except Cycles doesn't have a Material Draw mode in 2.8 anymore(only render) and Eevee is sluggish to paint and we still don't have the rest of the paint system in place (procedural texture brushes/brush masks and control panels in properties editor).

Clement just committed some sizable changes to the general drawing code (which mainly concerns batch rendering and instancing). It's possible this could mean some nice optimizations in the display of large numbers of objects in the viewport.

Nice to see a bit of movement in the viewport code outside of Eevee (which will help make 2.8 the leap it's being advertised to be).

Originally Posted by Craig Jones View Post
    You mean like using the Principled BSDF and painting on maps? Because that just about works, except Cycles doesn't have a Material Draw mode in 2.8 anymore(only render) and Eevee is sluggish to paint and we still don't have the rest of the paint system in place (procedural texture brushes/brush masks and control panels in properties editor).
    Someone here has written about textures very well, painting textures on model is future of content creation.
    https://code.blender.org/2016/12/the...#comment-80017
    Skype - open source
    Graphene CPU future

Someone here has written about textures very well, painting textures on model is future of content creation.
    https://code.blender.org/2016/12/the...#comment-80017
    I would hesitate to consider removing any part of the Texture Paint system in favor of adding a Texture Paint system lol! We already can paint and create what we want - and it seems people mistake Substance Painter UI front end for what is actually going on under the hood - Blender has some of the best texture paint tools already, it is about the management of them that is confusing for people. What we need is UDIM support and for 2.8 to actually recover the rest of the paint system from 2.79 including the procedural texture brushes and masks.

I already have started experimenting with this here.

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    Clement just committed some sizable changes to the general drawing code (which mainly concerns batch rendering and instancing). It's possible this could mean some nice optimizations in the display of large numbers of objects in the viewport.

Nice to see a bit of movement in the viewport code outside of Eevee (which will help make 2.8 the leap it's being advertised to be).
    does anyone know if there's gonna be some additional functionality in the group instancing and duplication area? These are two extremely powerful function in blender that allows to squeeze gigantic scenes into reasonable amounts of memory. Some extra functionality, like duplicating different instances onto the same mesh (maybe using vertex groups?), would add a lot of possibilities.

Another thing about the duplication is the strange behaviour of rotation. At the moment for example, adding a mirror modifier to a duplication mesh will mess up the rotation of the duplicated geometry. Other modifiers will also mess with the rotation, limiting the versatility of this system.

I don't know if what I said makes sense I can provide a couple of examples
    Blender Cycles: Lighting and Rendering Cookbook - http://www.packtpub.com/blender-cycl...-cookbook/book
    ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/bernardo

Originally Posted by Craig Jones View Post
    I would hesitate to consider removing any part of the Texture Paint system in favor of adding a Texture Paint system lol! We already can paint and create what we want - and it seems people mistake Substance Painter UI front end for what is actually going on under the hood - Blender has some of the best texture paint tools already, it is about the management of them that is confusing for people. What we need is UDIM support and for 2.8 to actually recover the rest of the paint system from 2.79 including the procedural texture brushes and masks.

I already have started experimenting with this here.

I actually believe that Blender has great texture paint core but maybe needs some good automated extra where it makes material painting more easy like Substance or 3D-Coat.
    Skype - open source
    Graphene CPU future

Hiiu, Nõmme, Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia, EU
    i actually believe that blender has great texture paint core but maybe needs some good automated extra where it makes material painting more easy like substance or 3d-coat.
    tl;dr: UI.
    FunLinks: . . . . . . .

I have only spent a few weeks learning Cycles for use in game asset design, I do wish it was optimized more.
    Along with some new tools for it like a box select paint, edge wear/ crevice detection ( I know there's a pointiness node but it could be better lots better) and more brushes for things like welds and stitching. Maybe using the Grease pencil to creat a shape that can then be made into a vector or mask, this would be very useful because the Grease pencil is so easily modifiable.

I love painting in Blender both Image Editor (2d) and 3D View.

but I would love to see first of all Texture Painting being multi-threaded.
    Then investigated if it can be ran on GPU (like armory3d paint etc.)

To eventually have a decent performance in multi-chan painting and beyond 4K textures.

In my experience painting heavily depends on your CPU, and it seems single threaded. So newer + more Ghz = better.

So the lack of multi threaded code could explain why I recall seeing a tweet from Ton about AMD Threadripper not performing
    as expected. And the need to look into multi threading parts of Blender.

There are lots of aspects in Blender that could really benefit from multi threading.
    Bullet Physics, Armature / Animation, Texture Paint. And much more, simulations would be neat also. Looking at Mantaflow.

So I hope this is on the table for 2.8, would be great when you have many developers gathered and devs. experienced with
    multi threading (mostly rendering as far as I can see in Blender) could share knowledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by DcVertice View Post
    Then we can not edit a object at same time that the UVs of the same object in other window????
    It's the other way around. This will allow in a near future to have more than one object in edit mode in different windows. So the edit mode object is no longer tied to a scene.
    www.dalaifelinto.com - @dfelinto
    Game Development with Blender [released June 2013]
    Latest BGE Project: Dome+Cosmic Rays+Blender = Cosmic Sensation (2010):BN - files - presentation