Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3567
    Originally Posted by JustinBarrett View Post
    No...sorry.
    I'm sorry, but to those that do not use BGE I can understand the lack of knowledge. I use BGE...a lot of others do as well...I take this a bit personally, but I understand you do not have malice intent....it's a shame they never really gave the GE any real attention...but I guess I will not be around here much longer in any case...seriously ...I guess I will make Godot my new home.
    This is the first step to build the interactive engine. it will very much integrate with blender code (EEVEE + depthgraph + blender animation + etc)

Originally Posted by xrg View Post
    Couple new UI design tasks.

Toolbar Design
    Tool Icon Design
    The Blender fork known as Bforartists may have its life cut short if those proposals go through (considering the ever increasing expanse of 2.8's usability and UI focus).

Also, the BF should be prepared to have more rockets on hand if this ends up being the norm for the Code Quest.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Rework outline drawing:
    https://developer.blender.org/rB7f5d...70c8443c8e760e

I really got confused often with outline at object intersection in scenes with many objects. Sometimes it was difficult to quickly know which object was selected.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

Hi!
    Does every section of development (UI, Multiedit, Asset Management etc.) is a separate branch and they will be merged at the end?
    For now there is no way to see or download complete experimental build?

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    The Blender fork known as Bforartists may have its life cut short if those proposals go through (considering the ever increasing expanse of 2.8's usability and UI focus).

Also, the BF should be prepared to have more rockets on hand if this ends up being the norm for the Code Quest.

I will say, Tiles has surprised me with his tenacity on the B4artists fork. That said, I would be about 4 times more surprised if that project lives past the transition to 2.8.

Originally Posted by MiLate View Post
    Hi!
    Does every section of development (UI, Multiedit, Asset Management etc.) is a separate branch and they will be merged at the end?
    nope, except that you make your own branch and merge all manually.

What about some proposals to devs? Recently I made addon for myself with some useful tools. For example, blender by default can't handle linked object by pressing <Apply Scale> and <Origin to Geometry/Origin to Cursor> properly.
    MyTools.PNG
    I think that this should be fixed and handle automatically by giving a choice for user with some warning.
    If needed I can record some video for more detailed look at what I mean.
    Really want to contribute to blender to make it better, but not sure how it works. What I see now in code quest is brilliant and inspiring work!

Originally Posted by MiLate View Post
    Of course, 2.8 is in construction. Each part is build-up separately in each branch until a relatively stable state to be merged into main 2.8 branch.
    But blender2.8 branch is also evolving containing main structure and developer of a branch have to sync its branch with blender2.8 branch, regularly.

You can not test the future complete 2.8. But you can test each branch at its present state if you know how to build the sources.
    https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/D...ilding_Blender

Toolbar Design
    Tool Icon Design
    Love those icon designs!

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    Yes, as a fork I agree. But maybe Tiles choose to remold Bforartists (in some form) as a 2.8 template.
    (Have a active ignore list, so there are comments in a thread I don't see)

Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    it says "Each render engine should be able to register their own set of draw modes."
    I guess, once you set the scene-engine, viewports can be set to a subset of rendering modes. e.g. if you set Eevee render, you will not be able to view in old-rendered mode (cycles). I think this will be useful especially when plugging in external renderers
    Some more info to shed the light. Still not particularly sure what's the function of the scene-level engine...
    https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/Viewport/DrawModes

Originally Posted by Okavango View Post
    Some more info to shed the light. Still not particularly sure what's the function of the scene-level engine...
    https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/Viewport/DrawModes
    as I understood it, scene-level engine equals F12 render engine.
    so, a recap: in 3d viewport we'll get every drawmode that workbench engine allows (wires, solid, texture...) plus the drawmodes of the engine selected at scene-level(F12). The only thing I don't catch is if for cycles we'll have also a nice eevee preview, kind of "cycles realtime"
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Why mirror objects with normal maps don't work correctly when in blender 2.79 works? eeevee have different tangent space solver? a part not implemented?

Toolbar Design
    Tool Icon Design
    I'm very excited about an optional icon only toolbar! I'd have prefered smaller and flat icons, though. I hope we won't have to scroll a lot. But overall, great design, especially the consistent color code!

Colors are very important for better identification. Even background colors for better identification of same groups of functionalities. I do not understand why some users are still proposing monochromatic icons sometimes.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

Those proposals look great and very professional. I am very impressed.

The color coding based on categorized actions is very smart and logical as well.

Are these just community suggestions? Or are these actually on their way inside 2.8?

Originally Posted by rawalanche View Post
    Are these just community suggestions? Or are these actually on their way inside 2.8?
    Things can change, but it's part of 2.8. William Reynish is the UI guy on the Code Quest team (he was the 2.5 UI guy too). Here is the Code Quest Workboard for a broader view of what all is happening.
    My Blender Tutorials | look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
    Colors are very important for better identification. Even background colors for better identification of same groups of functionalities. I do not understand why some users are still proposing monochromatic icons sometimes.
    You have to be very careful with UI colors in visual applications. We always see colors in a context. What is around a rendered image matters a lot when it comes to how we are seeing the colors. That's why all UIs of visual applications are gray. This gives the most neutral surrounding.
    You can easily try it out. Switch the main UI colors of Blender to green, then setup a scene, and make sure it looks good when rendered. Now open it in a different application. The colors are going to look horrible!
    This is the reason why you have to be very careful with colors in UIs. I haven't purchased certain addons/plugins in the past simply because they though it is a good idea to have colored buttons everywhere. This shifts the perception which should never happen in a visual application!
    Let's assume they introduced background colors too, it would introduce relatively large color splashes in the UI. This would simply be too much color! To visually group them, it would also work to use different shades of gray. As far as I know, there are around 50 of them.

I wouldn't be opposed to monochromatic icons, but color icons probably aren't dominant enough to trip up your color sense. At least not anymore than the icons on your OS taskbar will.
    My Blender Tutorials | look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Toolbar Design
    Tool Icon Design

Like the look of this... but the separation of tools and commands I get conceptually... i just would like to be able to have both up at once!

Right now we have the T and N panels If i was working full screen in a 3d view it would be nice to have tools on the left panel, commands on the right, settings in the topbar
    Mike Williamson
    www.cowtoolsmedia.co.uk