Page 174 of 180 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3598
    William updated info on the asset manager.
    My Blender Tutorials | look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Originally Posted by Okavango View Post
    Guys, a quick question for 2.8, considering the new engine switch. Will this still be possible?

https://developer.blender.org/T54592

as said here, you'll be able to set the draw mode in each 3dview
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Interesting weekly meeting with al the the plans for the code quest to be done : https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...il/049326.html

And it's said at the end that they want finish the core of 2.8 in only 4 weeks, and after only polishing, this is so quick !
    Last edited by Thornydre; 16-Apr-18 at 03:51.

Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    https://developer.blender.org/T54592

as said here, you'll be able to set the draw mode in each 3dview
    What would be nice is if you could link the X, Y, Z views so that if you moved/zoomed on one, all the linked views would move/zoom to the same extent.

Pour one for my homies, RIP BI and GE.
    I have 500 bad drawings in me before the good ones. And I have 289 to go, here they are.

Originally Posted by tyrant monkey View Post
    Pour one for my homies, RIP BI and GE.
    yeah that's too bad but how useful was GE anyway ?! everything goes Unity.

---
    OpenGL:
    * EEVEE - roadmap.
    - Headless support is top-priority (command-line --background renders).

That is pretty great news
    3D Design Generalist - Faculty Industrial + Interior Design
    Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Thanks guys. I am not sure either what are the intentions on this.

@ lsscpp Thanks for the link, but that exact task description made me post the question - it mentions drawing modes in 3d views, not render engines. Why is there an engine switch on scene-level? And what exactly is the difference between a drawing mode and a render engine? Is Cycles a render engine, or is it now called a drawing mode?

The link Thornydre posted gives some more information but i still can't wrap my head around the exact terms and strategies.
    Last edited by Okavango; 16-Apr-18 at 08:49.

Remove BGE is a good decision. I will preffer keep BI like a external renderer but I suppose that it's more a wish that a something feasible, the lack of support make it really hard to use.

Originally Posted by cekuhnen View Post
    Considering the BGE's current state, I would rather see Blender have a tighter integration with the Godot engine (a rapidly developing solution that is FOSS just like Blender and has a GPL-compatible license).

The only thing Blender's engine has left is the workflow. You used to be able to argue that BGE is preferred because of it being FOSS, because of it having a built-in script editor, and because it didn't rely on a closed I/O format like .fbx. Godot hits all of those points as well.

As for the Code Quest planning, it looks like there's a lot of tasks to implement over the next 3 months (but the BF has a bunch of developers on hand to do it). For those wanting to make sure they have the latest usable Blender, be sure to grab a buildbot build before 2.8 becomes Master in May.
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 16-Apr-18 at 09:34.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Good thing that 2.8 will wipe out old stuff like BGE, i really hope 2.8 will focus on model creation, animation and texturing workflow that is future. We already have CryEngine and UE4 and open .gltf will come and finally .fbx must be reverse engineered further to be even better than now.

Shared source like CE5 or UE4 is actually really good because if you do free game then it is free and if you sell then you pay 5% which is good deal because developers have to be paid of maintaining game engine. Times are changed thanks to shared source model in game engine industry.

Originally Posted by moony View Post
    What would be nice is if you could link the X, Y, Z views so that if you moved/zoomed on one, all the linked views would move/zoom to the same extent.
    ..ehm keep that optional (if it will be made), cause lots of people animate camera or edit a mesh from a different view

Originally Posted by moony View Post
    You've been able to do this since Blender 2.5.

3D View -> Display panel -> Toggle Quad View. Check Lock and Box.
    Visit my website

Originally Posted by cekuhnen View Post
    No...sorry.
    I'm sorry, but to those that do not use BGE I can understand the lack of knowledge. I use BGE...a lot of others do as well...I take this a bit personally, but I understand you do not have malice intent....it's a shame they never really gave the GE any real attention...but I guess I will not be around here much longer in any case...seriously ...I guess I will make Godot my new home.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest" formerly "Valiant" [project]

Originally Posted by Okavango View Post
    Thanks guys. I am not sure either what are the intentions on this.

@ lsscpp Thanks for the link, but that exact task description made me post the question - it mentions drawing modes in 3d views, not render engines. Why is there an engine switch on scene-level? And what exactly is the difference between a drawing mode and a render engine? Is Cycles a render engine, or is it now called a drawing mode?

The link Thornydre posted gives some more information but i still can't wrap my head around the exact terms and strategies.
    it says "Each render engine should be able to register their own set of draw modes."
    I guess, once you set the scene-engine, viewports can be set to a subset of rendering modes. e.g. if you set Eevee render, you will not be able to view in old-rendered mode (cycles). I think this will be useful especially when plugging in external renderers
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Multi-Object (geometry and armature) editing in Blender has arrived at last (2.8 branch, not master).
    https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...il/106423.html

The modern viewport, proxy overrides, new scene organization features, multiple objects in editmode, one by one Blender is knocking down the list of functionality that has been missing compared to the industry leading apps.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

Originally Posted by William View Post
    You've been able to do this since Blender 2.5.

3D View -> Display panel -> Toggle Quad View. Check Lock and Box.
    Quad view has always been kind of useless in that you can't set different render engines for each view. I hope that gets addressed for 2.8.
    Long time 3D artist and member of the official Cycles Artists Module
    https://www.youtube.com/user/m9105826 - Training, other stuff. Like and subscribe for more!
    Follow me on Twitter: @mattheimlich or on my blog

Will there be shading options (at least 3 shading options: Rendered, Solid, Wireframe) in Cycles render engine in 2.8? If it will be available, please make it available sooner. I can not switch to 2.8 due to shading options in Cycles, because I can not stop rendering of Cycled. It uses GPU even I pause the rendered view.

Originally Posted by sensenku View Post
    Will there be shading options (at least 3 shading options: Rendered, Solid, Wireframe) in Cycles render engine in 2.8? If it will be available, please make it available sooner. I can not switch to 2.8 due to shading options in Cycles, because I can not stop rendering of Cycled. It uses GPU even I pause the rendered view.
    You shouldn't be switching to 2.8 any time soon.

They are planning on having standard view modes available in every render engine.

A new major UI feature incoming (in a branch for now).

Drag & Drop for workspace tabs.
    https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...il/106438.html

At the least, Drag & Drop has been underutilized in Blender since its introduction in 2.5x (so people used to that workflow in other apps. may very well find good use).

Couple new UI design tasks.

Toolbar Design
    Tool Icon Design
    My Blender Tutorials | look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!