Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1421
    Originally Posted by Sunghoon-Jung View Post
    How do I suggest my feedback to developers?
    Oficially send a email to the correct mail-list is the best way. But I don't know if dev read the external emails.

It depends on the kind of feedback. If it is anything related to bugs, submit bug reports. For current developments, there are sometimes discussions in Phabricator that can be joined. As mentioned, there are also mailing lists. Since you answered to an NPR comment, this might be the right one: https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-blender-npr/ . If it is about other functionality, this might be the one: https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-funboard/ .

Keep in mind that not all mailing lists are supposed to be used by everyone even if they are public. The purpose of the individual mailing lists can be found here:
    https://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/

The Blender NPR Discord channel is collecting feedback on this exact topic. This form is coming from them:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...TAdkQ/viewform

I guess (I hope) they will forward the collected answers to the devs.

Hello.

I am interested in making NPR styles with Blender.

The nodes in BI are really intuitive to create cel shading.

I can use the shader's light and dark borders as a masking factor, and I can specify each color directly like the gif above.

But I know BI will disappear from Blender when EEVEE is complete.

Can EEVEE do well with NPR like BI?
    Eevee most likely will be mimicking the Cycles way to create cell-shading:

Cycles_toon123.png

Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    I just tested it and it works. Really cool.

Edit. Works sometimes.

Here is a screen Attachment 494420
    looks great.

At this point, it is not possible to achieve the kind of rendering in Eevee or Cycles, which is possible in Blender Internal thanks to Freestyle. The developers are talking about how the functionality can be brought to 2.8.

https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...st/048566.html
    https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...st/048606.html

I'm fairly certain they were going to try to get freestyle working too at some point....although not sure what render engine they are going to use.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Project Valiant

freestyle is not npr, its only the outline. for npr, we need an output color from the node shader, thats all.

Well I will have to take your word on it...I've not once touched freestyle...it's just not 'my thing'. I can respect peoples needs though and I hope you NPR users the best...it sucks when someone gets left out....especially if you count on it for day to day work.
    Project Valiant

Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    freestyle is not npr, its only the outline. for npr, we need an output color from the node shader, thats all.
    This might be possible with Evee. But it's impossible with a pathtracer, because you would need a noise-free, converged output color of the shader. If you would get the noisy output color and apply a transform like curves or color ramps to it the result of all samples would be averaged. Let's say you take the intensity value of the shader result and put it into a color ramp that has 3 keys: red for 0, blue for 0.5 and green for 1. If the converged result of the shader would be 0.5, but the samples would be 0.0 and 1.0, the color ramp would evaluate to red and green and cycles would average it at the end to yellow, but the correct result would be blue.
    And getting the converged result for each shader node is impossible, because it would need a lot of time to render. And we are probably talking about years of rendering time. Thats because a shader node at the first bounce would need a converged result from the second bounce, which needs it from the third bounce, etc. You would get something like samples^number of bounces calculations for each pixel.
    And even for Evee it is limited, because some light calculations are done as a postprocess (like ambient occlusion or screen space reflections)

@Fweeb Thank you very much!
    Primary: Custom Slot 1 PC- Intel Pentium iii Katmai 500Mhz with | 384MB DDR RAM | Nvidia GeForce 6200 PCI 256MB| 10GB Seagate HDD | Windows XP SP2
    Secondary: 1995 Gateway 2000 P5-120- Intel P5 Pentium 120Mhz | 16MB EDO RAM | 1MB Trident GPU | Windows 98 SE

Right now, the NPR crowd is being quietly ignored as the different aspects of Cycles and EeVee are getting fine tuning for the 2.79/2.80 release cycle. Freestyle, while wonderfully capable is stuck as a post-render process and BI, which is going away, I do not know if all the work can be ported over to either of the two(2) new render engines as they phase out BI. Other software programs now have 'real-time" line effects, which allows a more intuitive and interactive development of the line attributes. Other qualities of cel shading will be easier to bring to this new rendering environment, but rendering of lines is a different difficulty. I contributed to 'BEER' more than a year ago, hoping that some of those efforts would have borne fruit by now . . . I know that Ton said he was going to talk to the developer of Freestyle this past week, but nothing has been said so far. Given how important the Illustration/Anime/Animation/ArchVis market it worldwide, it would be a grave set back to not have this well addressed in the up coming releases, even tho it does present some technical challenges, not yet resolved. I am waiting . . . please.
    Last edited by paulhart2; 13-Aug-17 at 00:38. Reason: Update to my post.
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware....
    so sayest the Animated Fool. HARTWORKS http://www.hartworks.net

they have been talking. here is the initial post that I read. There is further discussion here.
    Project Valiant

Just a quick setup test for refraction in Eevee.

If you know better setups, I'm all ears
    Hope the principled shader will be supported soon

Originally Posted by paulhart2 View Post
    RE-reading the postings prior to mine, I noted two(2) fine links by Dantus, to the conversation between Tamito(Freestyle developer) and Ton and others. At least they are talking. Carry on!!!
    If you have a look at what they are currently working on, it becomes obvious that they don't have all the shiny features in Eevee yet they have planned. It makes a lot of sense in my opinion that they are focusing on those first.
    Once Freestyle works with Eevee (or Clay?), it is very likely that the usability is improved, because it can be more tightly integrated to show the changes immediately if the computer is fast enough.

There should be an easier way to have "Only Render" toggle more accessible. That is the most used feature of eevee right now
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

Blender Developer Meeting Notes for Sunday 13th August 2017 https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...st/048615.html

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 release

- There were several important fixes, a RC2 is needed. Will happenin course of week.

- Bastien Montagne will provide a list of fixes in RC1.

- Actual release then will happen earliest in 10 days from now.

2) Blender 2.8 projects

- Joerg Mueller is updating Audaspace in 2.8 branch.

- Cycles: work is being done on faster compiling of OpenCL kernels.

- The usual Monday morning kickoff meeting for 2.8 coders gets moved once to tuesday.
    (Dalai's back from holidays then).

- Now everyone's coming back from holidays, we need planning update for 2.8.
    This page already gathers most topics though:
    https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/

3) GSoC and other projects

- Last official week of coding for students. Next week is for final report, docs, submitting
    code to Google.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Originally Posted by Ethan Aeris View Post
    Just a quick setup test for refraction in Eevee.

If you know better setups, I'm all ears
    Hope the principled shader will be supported soon

oh but there is a far better way to achieve refraction:

Originally Posted by nm-8 View Post
    oh but there is a far better way to achieve refraction:
    Does it show what's in the background. Like if there is a blue cube or something.
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

Amazing, the math is way over my head but it looks really cool, and (kind of?) correct !

Thanks for the new setup! I've learned cool things (cross product mindcrush me :-) ).
    It's beautiful, but it's a hack done before the real refraction, with its limits.
    Like, from 2:42 in the video , where you can not see the monkey's ear in back of the sphere.
    It seems to refract only the environnment.
    Anyways, It does the show, and the effect is really awesome.

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast