MOCAP animation recording for cricket batsman

hi guys, I am working on cricket game, created rig for batsman and now ready for motion capture on it…I want to know perfect pipeline to record animation for “bat”. Should I rig the bat separately adding single joint in it and bake animation on that joint. OR should I add joint in batsman hierarchy at hand and bake animation on that?
-Sush

The question you have posted is currently in the wrong animation thread. Please ask an admin to move it to the appropriate thread.

Moved from “Artwork > Animation” to “Support > Animation and Rigging”

Hello, Sush! For all Character’s props, I usually add a joint in Character’s hierarchy and bake on it.

there is unique case when batsman holds bat between hand and chest…then how can we manage that? If I bake on a joint in character’s hierarchy.
see this

at 5:23.

Bat is usually parented to Character’s hand in hierarchy. Because most animation would be with bat in hand. In a single case, when he holds it between hand and chest, the bat can be constrained to Chest bone, then baked. Then unconstrained. It stays a child of the hand, but its animation follows the chest. I usually do it this way.