Android Body

iv been working on this for the past week or so & id like some feedback for changes / tweaks
(im aware of the spelling mistake in the eye)

this is the first model i have done using Blenders material node editor

I finished off the model and did more renders

Hey man, looks GREAT so keep it rolling! The one thing … use more light (intesity) to show the details of the model (especially head) when using these dark materials.

JayM

It seems to have a really good anatomy! I can’t see it properly, because of the reflections and the light, but it seems very convincing to me.

I will also admit the reflective surface makes it difficult to see all the facial features in some of the renders. The texture you used seems a little odd to me it reminded me of burlap for some reason but I think it really works well.

I uploaded all the renders to my devient art… you can get all the out of the 4k renders that way
http://digitallyimperfect.deviantart.com/gallery/60406355/Cyborg

4k renders look spot on. Can really make out the carbon fiber texture. In the smaller renders it gets a little lost in the reflections i think.

Yeah, since finishing this piece i have played around with different methods of doing carbon fibre and managed to get more realistic results from it…

My plan is to revisit this piece in the future after i have got my head in to doing PBR materials to a decent level

Wow! The black one looks very good! The reflections are just about right and the Fresnel effect is great! Do you mind sharing the nodes?

This is the node groups for all the carbon fibre iv been working on… the PBR Dielectric node is made using Blender Guru’s guide

and here is the carbon fibre texture i used