Mini and world map with the option to rotate and zoom (v2.0)

Hello,

Added: a mini + world map without an background (so just showing icons)(15-03-2019)

[22-09-2016] -> new version v2.0

• World map overview added
  • variables easier to set (top of the script)
  • some properties have changed
  • corrected the mini map ratio compared with the output render
  • new video

This is a Mini and world map that shows location and orientation of objects as planes

Options:

• show objects with a property.
  • switch camera/map modes
  • zoom in and out (in all modes)
  • set detection range and zoom distance (all modes)
  • easy to port it to your own .blend (append scene)

Description on how to create your own map is included.

Here is a video to show it in action (v2.0):

And the .blend (v2.0) for BGE and UPBGE:
minimap_v2.blend (725 KB)

V2.0 without a background (so just the icons showing)
minimap_no map_background.blend (759.2 KB)

OLD VERSION v1.0 (without the world map)
minimap.blend (735 KB)

2 Likes

any way to stick the camera view in one place(showing the whole map) and make the player move inside it, without keeping it in the center?

any way to stick the camera view in one place(showing the whole map) and make the player move inside it, without keeping it in the center?

#edit
new version
Added the worldmap view.

you can use this method, or change the scaling/position settings and it will do what you asked as a minimap.

Nice, I wil use it in my game.

I just stumbled across this and a lot of your other resources…I may have to use some to speed things along in my game :slight_smile:

(ab)Use whatever you like, that’s why my resources are here for :wink:

Tkz.
I like it !!!

Added:(on request) a mini + world map without a background (so just showing icons)

can you add an option for rts minimap, like by click on the map the camera move?

it will be awesome, great job

Unfortunately no i can’t.

I have absolutely no clue at all on how i could convert a spot clicked on the plane(minimap) to real world coordinates.

i have try some idea, and the one working is, doing minimap with camera you have done, and when mouseover on the minimap and click the camera object from the map move to the cursor point, by python worlposition, i have an template i have find somewhere have that system maybe can i give you, and you can try to made it more simple.