Tired of cars yet?

Hello dear Blender community

Yes, another car Scene, but anyways: I’d really like to improve this Render. Not wasn’t sure where exactly to post it, because it still is WIP. The car needs backlights, a little work on the headlights, the lights on the ground are just boxes at the moment, and the paint is still mirrored. But aside from that, I want to improve this image, but don’t really know how. I’m looking for some kind of “street-stylish”-look.
So please give me suggestions on everything :slight_smile:
slight DOF maybe?
(I’m not intending to model the interior, so the windows are going to stay black) 1024 Samples

Here is a Little update with post-production:

Here are a few small changes, includiung post processing.

Hi mate,

hm, something seems wrong with that pillars behind the car but Im NOT sure what it is. Maybe … the back part of the car is lit-up with the ground light but the pillar near it has the same brightness (darkness :wink: ) all the way up and I think its NOT right or at least looks like the car is rendered on a photo BKG which I think isnt this case… (and if it is that case than its an explanation of the problem)

The car has almost NO reflections on a paint so maybe this is the reason its looking so “plastic” like an RC model. The modeling seems good on the other hand so keep it going!

Sincerely, JayM

PS: yep, I think there has to be a shadow from the front light on that pillar behind the car … thats what seems wrong to me :wink: (so maybe it is a photo BKG?)

if you want to achieve a realistic look, you have to change the textures of the pillars. they do look more like marbles than like concreate but the eye expects concreate in a szene like this. i also would like to see a render without the “loud” car texture. just a simple color to see, how the car really looks.

Thank you janmatys and S-Markt

Yes the Background is also modelled, and not an Image.
I think the Problem is, that the pillar bottom and the ground has too much difference. That may be because, there are “hidden” light sources above the car to light it up. the Pillar Caches it, and trhe ground not so much :confused: Bad thing.
I tried my way around this, just by faking it, by multiplying a blended texture over the concrete Texture, Works ok I guess, since the pillars should not distract from the car.
The paint of the car is intentionally made rough, because the reference paint is rough also (Ken Blocks Ford Focus St Rallye Car).
But anyways, I applied a normal car paint to it, as wished by S-Markt :wink:

the car model looks very good in the last version. this doesnt mean that you should drop your design.

Here are a few things, sorry if they have been mentioned already:
The old paint made it more interesting.
maybe some cords running between lights?
add a background where it is white now?
It seems like the lighting in the back left and back right are different? maybe add some light to the back right where it is all black now. (that might mean you will have to add some detail though)

I definitely preferred the old car paint more it was unique and more appealing to look at. The concrete pillars just look to plain. Maybe try varying them by adding cracks ivy etc.

Hm, different people different opinions I guess because for me the new render is MUCH better!

…the only thing already mentioned by CTDA is that the BKG texture could be used to show some more details to the scene.

JayM

Texturing needs to be improved all round. You have a light at the rear of the car yet no real reflection nor from the light on the side. The pillars are metal I suppose, likely supposed to be steel as they would be in real life, and again no reflectiveness that reflects the lighting setup.