Dgr90 - Sketchbook

Hi guys,

I initially started with blender as I wanted to make mods for ArmA 3. I am still learning how to use blender, and how to make game mods but whilst I was learning I decided to have a play with cycles and the different materials.

I am very new, so my stuff is pretty bad compared to most on here, but I am really enjoying experimenting and making images with each new model I try to make. Any advice is very welcome.

I tend to just ‘run with it’ - I dont really start out with a clear idea of composition, lighting etc. Most of the time I make a model that interests me and then think of a way to make it into an interesting image.

Hopefully some of you will like my images, and hopefully I will learn a lot on this forum.

First Image:

First proper attempt at Cloth physics:

Decided to give motion tracking a go:

First attempt at something a bit more ‘concept’ rather than vaguely realistic:

I have been trying to learn different aspects of modelling, so I thought I would try out ‘sculpt mode’. Its not great, but I am quite happy for a first attempt. Spending some time on lighting and smaller details would help.

Just wanted to add some more recent stuff. I have been trying to learn a lot, watching youtube tutorials etc and trying out new stuff.

Trying to learn more about uvMapping.