Help us design our kitchen !

Hello !

We are currently renovating a 300 year old barn located in north Tyrol Austria.

I made a 3d model of the kitchen/ living room in order to visualize it.

Here is my current take on the kitchen, sorry for the low quality but I’m looking for a color concept before giving it an higres render.

Lets name this render number (1) so you can tell me which one you like the most. The concept of this room is to have a modern kitchen blend in with a traditional room.

The arragement of the appliances for the kitchen will most likely stay at their current locations. ( sink on the left like (1))

The room was once separated in 2 by a baring wall and one room had a wooden material on them. we have removed the baring wall and expanded the kitchen.

The room was a traditional room called “Stube” and we are going to reuse the wood from the walls and ceilings. It was taken down, cleaned and stored.

Here is an example of a “Stube” with similar wood on the ceiling and walls to the one we are going to use.

Here are the other candidates

Number (2)

number (3)

Number (4)

number (5)

Would glady appreciate your help!

And for the more adventureous people among you!

I will attach the scene at the end of the post!
You can open it, get a better feeling of the room dimensions ,
And if you feel like it you could post your take on the room and try to make a color concept !

Some boundary conditions to the project if you would like to try a making a concept.

• The walls are thick! The space before the triple windows can be used and will be very cosy!
  • The wooden walls and ceiling can’t be changed its 300 year old traditional wood !
  • The walls behind the fireplace (layer Kachelhofen) are white and already finished in the real house.
  • There isn’t enough 300 year old wood to cover the full room!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2fLq1pBOxFQZXBSa2thUU9WZHc

the link will work tomorrow its not working right now

Why are you asking strangers which kitchen they prefer. We don’t have to live with it, you do. Choose the one YOU prefer

hey thanks for answering!
I’m asking CG artists with hopefully more experience than me for constructive feedback about color interactions because I’m out of ideas and many of you have great ideas !
I just used many renders to give you a glimpse of what i tried and to let you see the flaws of some concepts i have already tried.

Have you already consulted with an architect, designer…? Do you have a floorplan & sections? Occupants, solo, wife, kids, elders…? Do you have any old furniture, accessories… refurbishing would keep costs down and keep some folk style, mixed with modern IKEA can get very nice looking :wink:

Yes we have consulted with an architect in the beginning and i drew all the plans.
We are 2 timber structural engineers, I’m just starting out but the other has alot of building experience, so the only parts that haven’t been planned is the details of the interior design.The occupants will vary, but mostly elderly people.
We are also working with a carpenter specialized in refurbishing old furnitures.

I am happy with my current kitchen design ( number (1)) but i am looking for different ideas, maybe an idea for the kitchen floor or a color concept ?

Best source for ideas is pinterest. Also try ask local providers about catalogs of furniture, wood materials.