Follow a path with starts and stops

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to create a BG 1st person view in which the player can only follow a path and go left and right (or forward and backward), from one scene to another, in a 3D world (point and click style :slight_smile: ).
To be specific, I’m trying to create a 3D presentation of my work at the university ^^

I found several tutorials “train following tracks” and “prezi-like presentation with BGE” but I can’t find one in which the youtuber teaches how to make an object following a path and stopping then starting again on different locations marked on the path.

I just need the camera to go to the net stop when I use the right arrow key :slight_smile:

I think it’s possible, but I don’t know where to look.

Do anyone know of a tutorial showing this kind of stuff ?
Or could anyone explain it to me if it’s not too long ? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

You mean something like Prof. Monster’s SlideShow Player

Niiiiiiiiiiice !!

I have to study this file, many many thanks to you ! :smiley:

I’ll let you know when I’m finished :wink:

Hi Monster,
So, I’ve tried to adapt your file and to understand it, but I have to admit that it is too complex for me to unerstand ! ^^

However I may have found another way to get what I want, but the only tutorial I found seems to be in an older version of blender, so I’m stucked : I’ve tried several things but my animation is BLURRY ! :frowning:

Here is the tuto

And here is a screenshot of my animation.

Do anyone see something I could make better to avoid that blurry effect ?

For the record :

• The counter is just here to be sure that my arrow keys are functionning.
  • Just like in the tutorial, arrow keys are for counting up and down
  • I’ve set action>camera>proprty>time as shown in tutorial
  • when I hit P, the image is nice, but as soon as my action starts, it gets blurry…

Hey,

Ok so I’ve been working on my own and I found a better solution with no “blurry image” issue, but I’ve got another problem to solve :

• I succeeded in creating a path traveling with a camera animation
  • When I hit [Right Arrow], the camera goes to its next stop (Animation>LoopEnd>Frame1-to-Frame50, then Frame50-to-Frame100, etc.)
  • When I hit [Left Arrow], it goes to the previous stop !

Up to this point it’s all fine ! :smiley:

But here is the bug :

• When I hit [Right Arrow] again after I wen forward then backward, the camera just skip to the next stop, ignoring its animation…

I thought it could be due to the “Diapo” counter (GameProperty) which could go negative and when going backward and then screw-up the forward-again movment, but it seems it’s not the problem (unless I’m wrong in my calculation)

Here is a scrrenshot of my settings.
It’s quite simple :slight_smile:

• FD is Right Arrow (Flèche Droite, because I’m french ^^)
  • FG is Left Arrow
  • D1, D2, D3 etc. means “when GameProperty “Diapo” is equal to 1, 2, 3, etc.”
  • Next and Prev Properties mean “add +1” and “add -1” to “Diapo” (Game property)
  • Actions tell the camera to go from one frame to another depending on the “Diapo” counter
  • By using both conditions D and FG/FD I can go forward and backward.

But there is this “skipping” issue when I go forward again…

Any idea ?

I’m so close to something working fine !!!