PC build for Blender

I want to buy and build a computer mainly to make ten to fifteen minute animations using Blender. I’ve done lots of research and made an item list that matched what may work best. Before I go ahead and buy the stuff I would like to know if anyone has the same parts that I want to buy. Or if anyone would know from experience if the setup is capable of rendering ten to fifteen minute animations. I would want the quietly of the animation to be as good as it can be with the system.

(CPU) Intel Xeon E5-2630 V4 2.2GHz 10-Core Processor

(Motherboard) ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

(Memory) Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

(Storage) Samsung 750 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Plextor M7V 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

(GPU) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Is the setup capable of rendering ten to fifteen minute animations in a timely manner? :confused:

i would say no, depending on what your definition of “timely” is. at 24fps a 10 min animation would be
24 * 600 = 14400 frames. if you randomly thing 5mins per frame that’s 1200 hours.

Also don’t use SLI for those two graphics cards, it will give slower render times than it they are independent

Is the setup capable of rendering ten to fifteen minute animations in a timely manner?
It is wholly dependent on the scene you are trying to render. Even with the best computer setup you could create a scene that renders in seconds or hours per frame. Also what is a ‘timely manner’ ? This is subjective and everyone has a different idea of what ‘timely’ means to them so impossible to answer

I think also that your System(Xeon 10Core and GTX0170) is not enough to render a shortfilm in short time. Would you really wait 50 days until your 10min Animationrender is ready? A $15.000 Workstation with 22Cores will also not solve the Problem, it would take around a month to render your Film. For Shortfilms the only way to get fast results is a Renderfarm.

Thanks for the advice and sorry for not replying had problems finding this and created a new forum post because i couldn’t. Timely manner I guess is a few days, but that seems impossible. I’ll look into the renderfarm that seems like a great way to do it.