safirgreif

when i got tired padding myself on the back i figured i might as well post my little bird in here.

it`s modeled, rigged and animated in blender. the textures were painted in photoshop and blender.

I can’t believe this didn’t get any comments, really solid work! great model, awesome rig ( it moves very naturally)!!

Something about the composite doesn’t quite work though, the environmental lighting seems like it’s a different colour temperature or something, it’s also possible it’s too clean vs. the footage.

Nice work !

Reeeally nice, I wouldn’t mind seeing some more beauty shots of the griphon on its own as well !

thank you for the comments guys. some day in the future i hope to use the griphon in a cg enviroment. its wierd putting a lot of work into a creature and than not really knowing what to do with it.

THIS-IS-AMAZING!!! I agree with comeinandburn: people should watch this and comment. The animation and riggging is simply superb, and I also like the camera travelling. Looks like a Hollywood footage! Congratulations!

The animation and rig looks pretty good for what was able to be shown in 30 seconds.

Too bad it all had to be seen from a distance, it would be nice to get some close up shots.

Amazing !
Would you consider putting the model on blend swap ?

Really good work. The compositing doesn’t look right. I would really appreciate a tutorial of the rigging phase

+Daaaargh Could you clarify what you think is wrong about the compositing ?
To me the only missing thing is a reflection of the creature in the lake.

really great work! Congratulations! In my opinion the compositing is ok, but there is some slight discrepancies with the camera movement and the animation of the griffon. Sometimes looks like is a bit “sliding”. Anyway, it is a really good work overall, congratulations!

The shot you used to composite is some stock footage from the internet or you did it yourself?

wow nice work.

wow, thank you very much guys.

i agree, that the scene doesnt look to convincing. the animation is not very smooth and maybe the compositing isnt quite there. to be honest i don`t know exactly what it is and how to fix it. i have to learn to see better, all i know about animation is Newton I, II, III.

@ Caetano:

@ Daaaargh:
luckily i dont have to make a tutorial on that. all i know about rigging comes from nathan vegdahl.
watch this:

thats all you need. the feathers are basicly rigged like pieros:

@ Bernardo
The shot is from a movie production i did the vfx for. there was no griffin in the vfx just some smoke sim, but they allowed me to use there drone shots for this.

@ Ace Dragon
Im done with this bird for now, but feel free to take some closeups if you like.

Excellent rig and animation. Lots of time there!

Thanks a lot for the links.

Wow coool !!!

Awesome, thank you so much !