Have a Break

Hi everybody,

This time I wanted to play with displacement, shaders and light on a (I hope) photorealistic rendrer.
All done with Blender, Render with Cycles 2000 samples 30 min.

More views here

Attachments

That’s a beautiful render, and looks like some great techniques in there! I usually don’t look close enough to notice too much, but I did with this one, because I like it so much. There is a small thing going on inside the coffee cup, though I’m really not sure what it is. Other than that, great job!

Hi Xraygunner and thank you for your comment
Do you mean the thing in the cup is that thing

Wow Grabeunwik! You made it again! Beautiful image and very interesting techniques (I mean specially the wicker pattern).
You pay attention to every little detail and YES, this is pure photorealism :wink:

BTW, one question: is the DOF effect post pro or has it been done with cycles camera. I mean it because if the cloth is blurred in the upper left corner, wouldn’t be that way the coffee cup, too? Just an appreciation. But the image works perfectly.

Congratulations, and have a nice day!

:eek: … a Blender Hobbyist ? Don’t be so humble, this work is very impressive!!! :eek:

To Mr. Chuan: thank you.
For the “Dof”, yes it’s not the Dof of the Blender Camera.

To MxD: Thank you

Great work!!! Great detail

Excellent job.
The cup is a bit soft. Maybe some harder edges would help, near the " index ring ", but it is a personnal taste.

I love the chocolate candy. Well done on that part.

Yes, grabeunwik… that’s it. You can tell me it’s some pixel art on the inside of the cup and I will be perfectly satisfied!

To LucaDICecca: Thank you

To Xraygunner: Oooooh yes of course it’s pixel art :stuck_out_tongue:
No seriously it’s just because I’m a noob and I forgot to blur this part of vertex paint, but now it’s ok i modified it.
Thank you for your help.

This is an excellent composition, although I observe that the contrast is a bit sharp for my taste. (This can easily be tweaked “in post.”)

Having said that, my eye is also drawn to the completely-opaque blackness within the candy box, and to the fact that the candy to the (viewer’s) left of the spoon, on its top edge, almost blends-into the surface of the mat beneath (behind) it. The materials of this object might be a little too “hot” since that highlight looks blown-out-white.

I could fix the muffin easily-enough in the darkroom with a wee bit of “dodging,” but I don’t think I could fix the interior of the box since the detail probably isn’t there. I think I’d put some kind of a tray-liner in the bottom of that box. You might also wrap the candies themselves in a paper cup that is also slightly textured and gray-ish. (Both of which are things commonly done with real boxes.) While the vertical inner edges of the box might be all-black, the entire space within it should not. Something should slightly bring-out the floor and/or slightly separate the lower edges of the muffins, as suggested.

The wood texture of the table might also benefit from being a little less glossy.