Mask

And finally … here’s “Mask”, my latest model !!

It’s based on an artwork by the madly talented Guille Rancel!
Go check out his other work as well. It’s definitely worth it! :smiley:

I’ve been struggling to get this one done for the last 2 months, constantly going back and forth with what and how I wanted to do this artwork.
This one is actually a low poly model with painted textures unlike my other recent models and I’ve been experimenting and learning while doing it quite a lot :slight_smile:
Here’s a wireframe:

My intention was and still is to upload it to sketchfab soon.
And now that I got a pro-sketchfab account by winning 3rd place in the Weekly CGC recently, I have plans on uploading some high poly models of mine too :wink:

I also gave myself the goal of creating more original artworks in the near future, especially since most of my recent artworks were very close to an original concept art.

If you want to see more of my work ->

And definitely go check out Guilles work too ->

I hope you like it and I’ll be back soon!

Attachments

i like this Burton-like style.

Excellent and cute.

Looks great!

That’s awesome !

I also just uploaded it to sketchfab for you guys to see!!

It’s my first sketchfab model ever but I am totally in love with the site! :smiley:
I’ll upload some of my other works there soon too :wink:

That’s crazy. Wouldn’t be surprised if this character is going to be made into a game.

Wow, this is an amazing example of 3d and 2d working together perfectly. A great first sketchfab outing! I would love to have a glimpse of your uv setups. I am just starting to venture into texture painting and this is a very inspiring piece in that regard. Love the tail and little floral side bits and the thinness of some of these elements. Bravo Julien! Top row imho. I can’t stop looking at the sketchfab example.

Obvious top row

Everything you post in the finished section should go instantly to top row by now. This is amazing, Herr Julien! It´s crazy to see how quickly your style gets sharper and sharper, more and more refined, vibrant, dynamic, colorful, original …, PURE JOY and inspiration to look at!
Thanks for sharing!

Prost!:cool:

Just checked your work on sketchfab, it’s pretty awesome!!! Good work.

You have a beautiful style! I’m still struggling with blender, but when i see art like this, I want to work hard! this is very inspirational!!! thank you!!! 5 stars

Thanks! :slight_smile: I basically UV unwrapped all the objects and sorted them on 5 different textures for the wolf, girl, clothes, plants, and environment. Then I painted diffuse textures and transparency maps and baked normal & bump maps all in blender.
Afterwards I edited the textures with photoshops brushes. I also made black&white versions of the diffuse maps as bump maps to give a bit of the impression that the different color strokes are actual dried paint.
For the sketchfab version I just baked the full render onto the model and added the normal maps too for the sketchfab light.

Thanks you! :smiley: Prost and happy Oktoberfest to you! :wink:

so ? what are they waiting for ?

This is absolutely amazing. Noob question, how did you paint the normals into the fur and the hair?

And once again a render that is too good for words! Epic work man!

I like it :slight_smile:

Superb work! Everything is feel just right!
Those 2 months is surely well spent!

Thanks Yusuf! I’m glad you like it :smiley:

Darn i love the mood!!!

Superb !!! :eek: