Chromium browser badness

Using Chromium browser version 52.0.2743.116 on LinuxMint 17.3 (64-bit) and as of the most recent chromium update(a couple weeks ago) this website doesn’t act as it should. Posting a quick reply strips formatting from the post. Clicking “edit post” or “reply with quotes” just starts an icon spinning, but nothing else happens. In the advanced window, clicking “manage attachments” opens the attachments window, but doesn’t populate with my existing attachment files, and the upload function fails to upload anything.

I haven’t noticed any problems like this on other sites. Seeing as how it’s been a couple weeks, and nobody else has mentioned it, I think it’s likely something unique to my installation. I’ve blown out all existing settings and reinstalled but the problem persists.

Any ideas?
(posted from Firefox)

Are you running with any extensions?

No, but that is a good thought. Thanks.

From the sounds of things, it seems like there’s some javascript blocking going on. That’d be my first guess, at least. But if you’re not running any extensions, then that’s unlikely.

Hrm…

Gives this because the page is loaded with ssl but ads and stuff come from non-ssl source.

But allowing those doesn’t fix it. It gives errors with the site javascript.

I’ve installed Chrome and it works as expected. I don’t like Chrome, because by default Google knows when you poop, but I despise Firefox. I’ll just watch my updates and when a new Chromium gets pushed out, I’ll check to see if the problem’s fixed.Thanks All!

EDIT: That was posted with quick reply on Chromium. It stripped the whitespace and newline before the ‘Thanks All!.’ Then I edited the post with Chrome. Trying to edit a post with Chromium fails. :confused:

Latest Chromium build from… https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/download-chromium works properly, gets rid of the google overhead, and honors your current settings.

Very strange. Looks like this was an odd Chromium bug that only manifested here. Glad to see it’s resolved, though.

Yeah, I don’t understand it.
I’ve actually decided to use Chrome until Mint releases an updated Chromium package. The nightly isn’t built with decent media support.

Thank’s for your help!

They dropped a new Chromium release… Version 53.0.2785.143 Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 17.3 (64-bit)

Seems to be working fine now. Uninstalling Chrome.