Blender 2.78 Ubuntu OpenCL Build Failed: see Errors in Console

Hi, I am trying to gpu render some microdisplacement tests in cycles and I get this error. I also get the same error with non microdisplacement scenes that render fine with 2.77 on GPU. I have two AMD r9 290s in crossfire running Ubuntu Wiley. Thanks.

Hi, can you show errors in console? :slight_smile:
There was some bug fixing for OpenCL in master may you check https://builder.blender.org/download/ for latest version.

Cheers, mib

I figured someone would ask me that. Do i just run blender from bash and read the console output there? or is this referring to another console? Thanks.

Hi, bash or xterm is fine.
Does render work with simple scenes, default scene for example?

Cheers, mib

The console says:
Read new prefs: /home/jeremy/.config/blender/2.78/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /home/jeremy/Downloads/blender-2.78-rc2-linux-glibc211-x86_64/2.78/python
addon not found: ‘io_import_scene_osm’
version 3 imported
read blend: /home/jeremy/mirco_test.blend
Device init success
Device init success
Compiling base_kernel OpenCL kernel …
Build flags: -D__KERNEL_EXPERIMENTAL__ -D__NODES_MAX_GROUP__=3 -D__NODES_FEATURES__=15 -D__MAX_CLOSURE__=64 -D__NO_HAIR__ -D__NO_OBJECT_MOTION__ -D__NO_CAMERA_MOTION__ -D__NO_BAKING__ -D__NO_VOLUME__ -D__NO_SUBSURFACE__ -D__NO_BRANCHED_PATH__
OpenCL build failed: errors in console
Build error: CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS

I’m going to try one of the builds you posted now.

I downloaded blender-2.78-07de832-linux-glibc219-x86_64. and tried my scene. Same error. Also I tried to render the default cube and it failed too. But 2.77 works fine.

Hello.
Which version of the driver you use?. You try to install the latest available version of drivers.

I’m really outdated with regarding ATI in Linux. I do not know if it is necessary proprietary driver or if it also works with open source drivers.

Hi MrYeje, it is maybe the best you make a bug report with error message, hardware specs, driver and your test .blend.

https://developer.blender.org/

You have to register but it is easy and a report help other user with AMD hardware.

Cheers, mib

I believe that my drivers are up to date, also I am able to render on GPU using Blender 2.77 with no issues.

Thanks for the quick replies. I joined and submitted a bug report.

Then you open a new report as ‘mib2berlin’ had recommended.

Edit:
Ok, you’ve already reported :slight_smile: