Arch-Viz 3D Modeller Required

POSITION FILLED

Hi this position is now filled if you have not heard back from myself or a member of our recruitment team, please consider your application unsuccsessful.

Hello, my client is looking to build a team of 3D artists with experience in blender.

Experience in Unreal Engine 4 is desirable but not required.

Any and all 3D artists will be considered for the above position however those with experience in architectural visualisation will be given priority.

Please send a message with your portfolio and salary expectations.

Regards,

Catrina

Hi,
I’ve sent you a private massage.

Mati

Hi Catrine, just PM:)

This is a question that I have been fighting for a couple of months and now I think that it is the time to decide.

I have a B. Arch from a Univeristy in Mexico (UACJ) and have been working as Intern and now as project Manager for 9 years but also I have been working and growing in the arch/viz side of the bussines more and more to the point that I would say that it is my best skill in the bussines. I would say that I spend 65% working as project manager for several projects and 35% in arch/viz, and I love doing the Viz much much more than the architect stuff excpet for the design of a project, that beats Viz any day for me (well only if I have total freedom of design or at least some space for exploration).

I can continue like this in this town for many years to come, playing dual roles of architect and 3d artist but I want and will move to a bigger city probably this year, and I have noticed that in this job board and others related to architecture more and more positions are being open or needed with exactly the skill I have (gradute of architecture and 3d artist, max/viz, modeling, lighting, materials, photoshop, animation). By no means I am an expert like the 30 finalist in the competition but I would say that I am not that bad either plus I have major architecture experience under my belt.

Is it me or those it seems that more and more companies, specially architecture firms are asking for 3d artists??? Like SOM, Gensler, HKS, etc.

I am at the point that I can start taking my architectural license exames, have to spend aorund $2,300 dlls. to take them maybe like 1 year to study and take the 9 sections of the exam (one a month or so). Having an architectural license would increase my salary about 20% of what I am getting paid (a little above $40K a year now). Plus if we add my 3d skills that would go up some more if I move to a bigger city.

My question to all is, what are the salaries and experiences of others (arch or not) in arch/viz firms and specially in the viz department in an architecural firm (like SOM, HKS, etc). I read in one of the job requested in the job forum that salary for a 3d artist at senior level was from $70K to $90K , that is double my salary right now!!!

Please let me know your experiences, dont need to tell me your salaries I know that it is a sensative subject you can post just general numbers. Most than likelly I will move to a bigger city in the US (NY, Houston, Boston, LA, Dallas, options open), but I have seen that jobs are being open in the UK or Spain, and would love to relocate over there, specially Spain, I am from Mexico so language is not a problem. R Programming Online Training | SAS Online Training | Android Online Training | Weblogic Online Training | MongoDB Online Training | MongoDB Admin Online Training | SQL Online Training

Thanks to all in advance, and will be waiting for the conversation to start…

Edit becuase I forgot to add some exemples of my work. I modeled everything in Autocad, then render in Viz & Brazil, finally post-work in photoshop. What is consider a 3d “Senior” Artist???