t0xik's Sketchbook

I’ve been lurking here for a while. Finally worked up the nerve to start posting. Here’s a female head I’ve been picking at for a day or so.

Nice!!! Glad to see more people posting sculpt related threads
Did you use references? It seems that some proportions are of, but it feels natural, The ear needs the most work.
Happy blendsculpt!

I did use reference. Ears are my major downfall. I think I’m going to do some studies of only ears in the near future. I’m going to bring it in gimp with my references and see if the proportion issues were me or the reference I used.

you can post your references if you want and I try to see what went wrong.

Here ya go. I know the lips are off. I had a hard time with the eyes for some reason. Either she has smaller than normal eyes or the camera just distorts them like that.

Well I’ll try to help: You really need more and better references, references is really really important, really!

1- there is a bump (more like a sudden change of direction) there in the frontal bone, just some more.
2- this is very important, you have to carve a lot there.
3- the angle of the mandibula makes all the difference, spend as much time as you need there. She has a strong one, also it is in line with the lips.
4- the placement and the angle of the ears is very important, normally it is in line with the nose.
5- there is some mass missing.
6- there is much work to be done there, see the drawings, and put more mass around them (muscles)
7- See the draw, look the placement of the iris, and the inner-eye, also see the gesture of the eyelid.
8- be aware of this line, it is very important to be exactly the same, I draw, how normally goes in and out.

Also it helps in the future to see different angles of the model. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the wonderful paintover. Here’s 3 angles been working some of your crits. I know the ear is missing lol.

Nice progress! I love to make you more paint-over, but I need the ears to do so, they are so important in stabling the proportions and the placement of everything. you should put them as soon as you can, just a basic form, but something as early as you can.
but for now in the main time, I made a basic female sculpt, so you can see that you don’t need much to see if something is working or not. You can see it here.