Thread: [Addon][WIP]VSE QuickTitling

[Addon][WIP]VSE QuickTitling

QuickTitling is an addon to allow for easily creating full title graphics (sometimes referred to as CGs or motion graphics) from Blender's VSE.

This addon enables presets and easy real-time editing from the VSE. Setting your sequencer preview to OpenGL preview Material mode is HIGHLY recommended.
    The effort was to keep things fairly simple, but allow for good looking and complicated titles.

The workflow is as follows:
    Create a preset
    Make a title scene strip (this can actually be done at any time)
    Add objects of 4 basic types: Box, Circle, Image, Text
    Configure those objects in a variety of ways including position, rotation, scale, extrusion and beveling.
    Set up materials for those objects including color, specularity, transparency, and texture and alpha texture.
    Add a variety of simple animations to each object using presets, then change the settings to suit your taste.
    Modify shadows to your taste
    If desired, easily export to an image for quicker render times (obviously, no animation is included tho).

So this was originally part of my VSE Quick Functions script, but I realized it really didn't have anything to do with the rest of the script, so I decided to split it off into it's own thing.
    Since then, I added:
    Support for multiple objects
    Presets
    Real-time updating
    Improved interface
    Object animations
    More options

This addon aims to be as easy to use as possible, if you have any suggestions on how to streamline the interface, please let me know!
    This is still in beta and needs testing, there might be bugs, so be warned. Please report any bugs here or send me a message.

Note that the zip file contains some documentation, a number of presets, and some simple gradient textures to help make the titles more interesting. It's recommended that you unzip these somewhere other than the script install location, as that can be hard to find...

Update: Small bugfix for version 2.78: Blender changed the text alignment variable... need to use 0.5.1 for Blender 2.78, use 0.5 if you are still on Blender 2.77
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by snu; 03-Oct-16 at 14:41.

I will definitely be checking this out.
    Quicksand has no sense of humor
    DeviantArt

Very interesting. Thanks

Looks like Blender 2.78 changes one of the variables and breaks my script... small bugfix added.
    for Blender 2.78 or later: use 0.5.1
    for Blender 2.77 or earlier: use 0.5

wow! looks great! I'll give it a try!