NLE: Previewing clips during editing causes blender to lock up on Windows

Hi,I’m fairly new to blender as a whole, so sorry if I come off as a noob, as I am one.System information first:Radeon Software Version - 16.9.1Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon ™ R9 Fury SeriesWindows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)System Memory - 32 GBCPU Type - Intel® Core™ i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHzBlender version - 2.78 (Date 2016-09-26)I use Blender as a Non-Linear Editor for videos. Whenever I try to preview a clip I’ve loaded into the Video Sequence Editor, it plays slower than it’s original FPS and after about 1 minute, blender locks up and I am forced to quit it. My CPU usage is around 20-30% during this. I’ve changed the Memory Cache Limit under User Preferences > System > Sequence/Clip Editor to 10GB (as I have plenty of RAM). This did not fix it.For reference, these clips are anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes long. Their resolution is 2560x1440 and their FPS is 30. Their container is MP4 and they use the x264 codec. They have two audio tracks (but only one appears in the VSE not sure if related).I think this isn’t related but I also set User Preferences > Compute Device > set it to OpenCL and my GPU (Fiji).I am not sure what the issue is.

Is this in the wrong section of the forum? I wasn’t quite sure what the previewer counted as to be honest beyond “part of the interface”. And I figured it was something basic I was overlooking.

Sorry if this isn’t where it should’ve gone.

For anyone who comes after me and has this issue, I had OpenGL Render Options > Anti-Aliasing enabled. Disabling it fixed my “play back is slower than original FPS” issue.Alt-Tabbing seems to cause blender to lock up. If I just watch the preview or pause it before alt-tabbing, blender doesn’t lock up.This is a finnicky program it seems.